Monday, December 9, 2019

A second day of sewing

Chris got up early, although I don't know why. I got up about 8 I guess. I did the usual morning stuff in a condensed fashion, then took a shower and got dressed for church.
I went to church with my choir folder and two bars of hotel soap to donate. I warmed up with the choir, then headed to the bathroom. Then I went to the church office to make a correction to the 11/17 offering report. ServantKeeper did not make it easy. By the time I got to the sanctuary, the announcements were almost over. When communion came around, we filed in from my side first, probably to make sure Don and Jim did not have to walk far. After the service, several people talked to me. Then I headed home. But I stopped on the way at Tuesday Morning to buy fabric packets for Dirty Santa gifts.
When I got home, I changed clothes and went grocery shopping with Chris. When we got back, I helped put away food. I wanted to eat breakfast but there wasn't room in the kitchen. I changed the doorhanging from the pumpkin to the present.
Then I drove to the Drury hotel. First I chatted with the ladies who mostly worked for Nasa contractors. Then I sandwiched placemats, and sewed a binding on a charity quilt. I did that all by machine then handsewed the corners. I also stitched on a label by hand. Once I turned it in. I stitched batting together and sandwiched more placemats. I asked at the front desk about the buffet. I told the ladies we were invited to eat. But they helped Carrie pack up first. Then the buffet was closed.
I packed up at 7:30 and went home. I made salad, sat by Chris and ate it. Chris put on ST:NG. After watching two episodes, we were both tired and went to bed. I did not stay up to blog.

No comments: