Thursday, December 26, 2019

Forgetful tapper

I woke up at 8:30. I had Dad get his own synthroid, then get dressed. He got up so easily that I forgot to do stretches. He walked back into the bathroom and wondered if it was Friday and he should take his synthroid. I suggested he go to the kitchen. He put in his dentures. I took a shower and got dressed in his bathroom. I showed Kurt how to measure his blood sugar.
Dad wanted to try my breakfast, so I made my breakfast for both of us. He said it was quite edible. High praise for the healthy gruel I eat. I also gave him a fat bomb. I hard boiled a dozen eggs while he rested. Then he and Kurt and I went for a walk down to the far end of the street. We saw a turkey buzzard sitting on a chimney. I guess we needed to look alive. Dad stopped twice to rest.
When we got back to the house, Kurt peeled an egg, I peeled an egg, and Dad ate two eggs then rested. I shared my second A1C test with Kurt. His score was good. Then we played around with Ok Google. It did not recognize me so I recorded Kurt's voice. But the recording was barely loud enough even with his phone sitting on top of my keyboard. I wanted to download pics from my phone to my laptop. Kurt worked at enabling the transfer by bluetooth. I cracked open all the nuts in the basket that has been sitting in the dining room for years. But they were buggy. Every one. I threw them out. I wrote my blog post for yesterday. Kurt did eventually get pics from my phone to my laptop by blue tooth but it took a lot longer than by using a cable.
Dad had some yogurt and a fat bomb. Then I walked Dad by myself. We went down the street and he turned around just shy of the stop sign. Again, we stopped a few times to rest on the way back. Chris and Kurt were trying to get Ubuntu on Kurt's laptop to copy files from a bad hard drive to a new hard drive. I cleaned some dusty shelves in the house. Then Chris heated up leftovers for supper. Dad was happy to eat again. I gave him some brain octane oil. Then Dad walked around the house four times. I went with him for the first three. He sat in the den and I read to him a whole chapter of a book called Morris Dees.
Finally we started the bedtime process. He did his dentures, then went back to get dressed for bed. But Patrick noticed he hadn't taken his last pill. So Dad took it and resumed dressing. But then he still had his hearing aid in, so he went back to the kitchen to take it off. Then he started washing dishes. I corralled him into going to bed. I cued him to do a few stretches, then I put the cushion under his legs to elevate them. He wanted the lights on, so I just bid him good night and left the room. Sitting at my computer to write my blog post, I realized I was supposed to meet with my tapping buddy and I completely forgot! I typed up my blog and got myself ready for bed.
* Not a good time to play dead. *

No comments: