Friday, December 20, 2019

Don't start the party without us!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I tossed and turned. My ears were ringing. Finally I did sleep, and had a weird dream. I woke up at 8:30 EST. I took supplements and checked e-mail. I brushed and swished and assembled breakfast. I washed up and got dressed. I put the food back in the cooler and made vitamin water. We read e-mail until it was time to go. Then Chris brought a cart to the room and we loaded up our stuff and took it to the car.
From the hotel, we went to the gas station to fuel up, then were headed toward the interstate when I tried to put on my sunglasses and realized one side was missing. Chris turned around and went back to the hotel. The missing piece was sitting in the parking lot. He picked it up and then we were on our way.
We put on the next CD of the book. I listened most of the time but fell asleep here and there. I drank the vitamin water and some turmeric water. We drove past Richmond and into Manassas. We stopped at Michele's work place to get the key, then went to her condo to wait for her. I set up my laptop and read e-mail. Kurt arrived a little later. He and I changed clothes. Then Michele came home. She was in a hurry, so we threw on our coats and followed her to her car.
She programmed her GPS, and Kurt did his. She followed hers until we ran into an accident, then she switched to his and we went a different way. After some time, we arrived in Fairfax. She parked in a parking deck and we walked to a restaurant where her workmates were having a party. We entered what we thought was the front door, but must not have been. It had been an old house and each room held a table or two. We had to walk around to find the right room. Everyone was waiting on us.
We sat at the end of the row of tables. There were 9 of us all together. The waitress took our drink order. We read the menu and conversed. Then her boss ordered appetizers at the suggestion of the waitress. We were also given baskets of bread. At some point we ordered our dinners. I ordered the spinach and beet salad, thinking it was large. But when it came, it was not so large. Chris gave me a bite of his chicken limone and Michele gave me a bite of her meatloaf. Chris told stories about Michele.
Afterward, the waitress came for our dessert order. I did not order dessert. Most of them got ice cream. Michele's boss paid for all of us. After more conversation, the party broke up.
The four of us walked back to the parking deck and got in Michele's car. She used her GPS to find the route back, but had some trouble following it. So it took a little longer than it would have. She and Kurt discussed going to see the Star Wars movie tomorrow. When we got back to her place, Kurt changed his clothes again, then went home. Michele opened the gift we brought her. It was a cross-stitch kit that her grandmother had started. She discussed a character she wanted to play in a DnD game. Chris went to bed. Michele and I looked up show times on her desk top. It took awhile to find a theater and a showing that wasn't full. But she bought 4 tickets and sent them to her printer, which didn't print. She texted Kurt the particulars of the showing.
She went to bed and I stayed up to blog and delete e-mail.

No comments: