Monday, December 9, 2019

Getting ready for parties

I thought about getting up this morning when I heard the front door close behind Chris, who was on his way to work. But I stayed in bed until after 7 when my cortisol kicked in. I brushed and swished. I made vitamin water. I put away the pumpkin door hanging. I read e-mail and listened to interviews from the Fatty Liver Docu-class. I wrapped a gift for the Tuesday night exchange. I also put together a pile of stuff for the Tuesday morning party.
I took binders before 10 and pre-breakfast supplements after 10. Finally I made and ate breakfast. My machine was already in the car so I just carried out the projects that I wanted to work on. Then I drove to quilting, going the round-about way because I was so used to turning onto Triana.
I chatted with the ladies whom I hadn't seen since before Thanksgiving. I trimmed placemats and turned them right side out. The blue quilt was missing 4 inches of binding. I pieced in a segment and made it continuous. But it took me three tries. I am losing my touch.
I watched the other ladies help Lauri get her machine to embroider names. How many quilters does it take to embroider? Kurt texted me about a plant he got from his ham radio club.
Around 3:30 I packed up and headed back to base. I stopped at the post office because I thought Chris had a late meeting. But the box was empty and when I got home, Chris was there. He pulled my machine from the trunk and I put the tomato plant in the garage in prep for inclement weather tomorrow.
There was a box from Swansons on my chair. I opened it and put the contents away. I also dealt with junk mail. I checked the home mail and found two Christmas cards, one from MaryAnn and one from Linda. They are both way ahead of me.
Chris cooked heart, and brussel sprouts and sliced tomatoes with cheese. Oh, and mashed yucca root. I did stretches and used my massage ball. I put away some fabric from the sewing table, and arranged the remaining strips.
When supper was ready, I put some food in a bowl and put juice on the mashed yucca. For dessert I ate some of the pumpkin/banana cream. I drew tiny flying geese on graph paper while listening to interviews. I meant to make something for the party tomorrow, but forgot all about it.
I sat on the couch and picked up the binding of the red quilt. Chris put on a Michael Caine movie from Netflix. It was another old man movie. No adventure and he dies at the end. I finished the binding just before it ended. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to write two blog posts, and take the liposomal glutathione that arrived today.
* How many quilters does it take to run an embroidery machine? *

No comments: