Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Calling to confirm what I already know

Chris got up really early. I guess he ate breakfast and I heard him take a shower. When I heard the front door close, I got up. I started my detox morning by harvesting water and making coffee. I listened to a podcast while I exercised, dry-brushed and rebounded. Then I put on meditation music. During the tapping and meditation portion, Chris came home. He had dropped his car off at the dealership, but apparently it took them 3 hours to give him a ride home. I told him he could use my car until 2pm. I finished the detox and started cleaning. Then I took a shower and got dressed. It was sunny out so I
sat outside and finished my book. Then I came in and made breakfast. Chris took my car to collect 2 weeks worth of mail at the post office, and to drop off the rent check. He was back by the time I finished breakfast.
I got ready, and went to the Korean clinic. They were happy to see me. When I said I would be gone two weeks, they thought I would miss two Wednesdays. He wanted me to check on his application to Texas. He had gotten an e-mail that clearly said he had to take and pass all four parts of the NCCAOM test. But he made me call anyway to confirm. She said it was too stressful for him at his age to study for the tests. So they are not going to Texas.
Then she wanted me to call the airline to see how many free bags she could take on a flight. I looked it up on the website. The answer was 2. She had been told 2 when she made the reservation, but again, I was entreated to call and make sure. But I couldn't get through so the airline put me on call-back.
We had another talk about paying sales tax. He found out that the store next door has a CPA. He said CPA and HnR Block are two separate things. She said they were the same. They turned to me for the answer. I said I thought they were very similar and to call them.
Dr. Lee poured me a detox foot bath. While I relaxed into it, Dr. Grace told me stories about someone they knew in California. Afterward, she fed me some of her kimchi and said the Asian store puts msg in their kimchi, but tells people that they don't. Ooooookay. She said to come back on Friday and she would give me a package of kimchi.
On the way home, I stopped at the library to return one book and pick up another. When I got back to the house, Chris was watching The Last Jedi. I watched for a little while, and ate some of the pulled pork that he roasted in the oven all day. Then he suggested we finish the book on CD. So we listened to the last CD. The voice threatened to put me in a trance state which would lead to sleep. I did not want that because I still had to drive to choir practice.
I had about 15 minutes after it ended to get ready. He wanted a loaf of bread for tomorrow. But we did not have enough flour left. So he gave me a container of corn flour to make up the difference. I was skeptical, but I had no plans to eat it anyway. So I threw it all together into the bread machine , the left for choir.
When I got there, I turned in the blue bank bags, then found my folder and sat with the choir. When I couldn't find my glasses I realized that I had forgotten my purse. I sang the best I could considering I was sight reading blurry music. Afterward I talked to Lars, who was going to have a knee operation.
When I got home, the yogurt was done. I called Faye back while I put it in the fridge to solidify. Then we watched a Michael Caine movie called Nothing On, or something like that. I thought it was silly and slapstick, but Chris seemed to like it. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog for today and yesterday.

No comments: