Monday, December 2, 2019

The irrepressible Earl

I got up around 7. I brushed and swished and got dressed. I gathered my stuff together. I made and ate breakfast, plus made breakfast for tomorrow. Patrick suggested I take some sewing stuff with me, so I kind of went through some of it that Michele might want or need. I was certain to leave myself stuff to mend Dad's clothes with.
I meant to eat the bits of meat left on the chicken bones from last night, but there was no time for that. Chris showed up at 10 and started moving my stuff to the car. I looked around one last time and found I had forgotten a pair of shoes and a quilt that I had intended to work on. I also took the crock pot since we need one and Mom's hadn't been used since before she died.
So then we got on the road. I asked Chris how things went at his parent's house. He said he had tried to replace his computer fan, but when he opened the case, there were multiple fans. The one he ordered was not the one that was dead. To make matters worse, when he reassembled the laptop, the screen didn't work. So he had gotten a HDMI cable so he could hook it to a TV and use that for a screen.
We finishes listening to the book on CD and started a new one by the time we got to Bristol. We encountered some snow flurries in the last hour of the trip. We checked in and moved our stuff into the hotel room. We spent some time together.
I called Faye to check on Dad. She said she had found him sitting in his wheelchair by the nurse's station. I think he was in time out because they caught him walking down the hallway looking for a place to dispose of a banana peel. (If only I had a pic of that). Then, in the wheelchair, he tried to use the elevator. Yesterday I would have sworn he could not do either. So they had a seat alarm on him to be sure he didn't get up.
Chris hooked his laptop to the TV in the room. I read e-mail while he played his game. Then we went to Red Lobster for dinner. I ordered the lobster. Chris ate all the biscuits while we waited for our meals to come. His meal did not take long to eat, but it took me a while to get all the meat out of the lobster. And boy was it good! Mmmmm. The waitress happened to mention that we were her last table for the night. It took me awhile to realize that we were keeping her there by not leaving sooner. They had a credit card reader at the table so we could pay without bothering the waitress. I didn't like sitting so close to a signal-emitting device.
Chris drove us back to the hotel. He dropped me off at the door, then parked the car. We went up to the 10th floor together. He played his game while I talked to Faye and Dad. Then I called William to let him know about the key.
Chris specced out a laptop for me on the Dell site. But when he tried to order it, the delivery date was Dec 23rd. So then he found something similar on Newegg. Although both sites claimed Cyber Monday prices, they still wanted upwards of $2000. Maybe my hinges are worth fixing after all.
We watched one episode of The Good Place. It was the season ender, so then we saw an episode of ST:NG. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* I ordered the live Maine lobster. But he didn't make it. *

No comments: