Thursday, December 19, 2019

On the road again

I got up before the 7:30 alarm went off. Chris threw the hamper clothes into the washer. I rushed around getting ready. I made up supplements for vacation. I made a powder mix for daily vitamin water. I packed clothes in my suitcase. I went rooting around looking for long sleeve shirts but did not find them. I looked for my extra fanny pack but did not find it either. I made two breakfasts and ate one. I refilled containers in the breakfast box. I filled bottles with turmeric water. I took out the recycling. I packed snacks and Chris packed the cooler. Then we packed the car. Our neighbor came out just then and we talked. Then Chris and I got in the car and headed out.
First we went to the gas station and then to the post office. There were three packages waiting for me. I carried them out to the car, and Chris put them in the back seat. Then we drove off base and got on the road.
We played a book on CD. I fell asleep for short periods of time. Traffic was bad, especially around cities. I stretched my foot along the way. But when we got to a rest stop, I could hardly walk. We got to Bristol and went to Red Lobster, which was busy. We were told it would be a 5 minute wait, but I knew it had to be longer because of all the people in front of us. When we got seated, we had 45 to get to the hotel. I told the waitress that, and we ordered. I got mahi-mahi and Chris got fried fish. She brought it out early. We ate, and got out at 7. I texted Nell on Facebook that I was going to be late.
We went to the hotel. I walked in and started the check-in process, Chris came along with luggage and his ID. She gave us a card. We went up to the room. I immediately set up my laptop to begin the Skype call, but then realized that this new laptop didn't have Skype yet. Chris downloaded it quickly and went to get more stuff from the car. I finished the set up and called Nell. But when she answered, I could not hear her. So I had to hang up and reboot. (This laptop needs rebooting a lot for sound). Then I called her and we had a very nice session tapping for my plantar fasciitis. She told me about a heat moldable insert that she uses in her shoes to keep from getting plantar problems. I made a note to look it up later.
Then Chris hooked his laptop to the TV and we watched ST:NG. Afterward, he went to bed and I stayed up to blog. He might be waiting for me.
* This is Stacy wrapping her gifts. *

No comments: