Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Let it snow, let it snow

I woke early, hearing Chris take a shower. But I stayed in bed. Eventually some daylight came in. I got up to find out that it was raining, and later than I thought. I listened to interviews while swishing and rinsing sprouts. Beverly called to say she might be late.
At 9:15 I went to quilting. Beverly arrived just before I did. She gave me a bag of gifts and I gave her a stack of fat quarters. I put red and white fat quarters in the bags for Robin and Anita. Susan was handing out small bags she had sewn with some special soap inside. It is meant to go in the closet. Someone was giving out little santa faces and we each pinned one to our chest. Then I put my swap gift (of fabric) on the swap table. Soon the group gathered around the swap table, sitting in chairs. Robin read a poem that instructed each person when to select a gift and who to trade with. It was more interesting than it sounds. When all was said and done, we each opened the gift we were holding. I got basting spray and a crocheted doily. The maker said she made it in an evening. Wow!
We all chatted, then went to see the decorated sanctuary upstairs. When we came back, ladies were setting up for lunch but it wasn't even 11 yet. Anticipating a busy day, I took my leave. As I said good bye and walked out, Susan called me back and handed me a bag of fabric. Ha ha. She was the one who got the fabric I brought to the game.
When I got home, it was still raining lightly. I made breakfast, and ate some before I got a call. It was the assistant to the functional medicine doctor. She reviewed my test results with me and made supplement recommendations. She recommended a fogger for eliminating indoor mold. I took notes, but she is going to send me a protocol to follow along with a list of supplements that they sell. I finished breakfast and made seed crackers.
I went to church a little early because it was snowing. I entered numbers on the computer, then texted Elaine to see if she wanted to meet. She wasn't feeling well. So then I printed the reports and took the deposit to the bank and went home.
The seed crackers were crisping in the oven. I ate a bite. I also had some soup. I turned the interviews back on. I read e-mail while listening. MQG canceled their party for tonight because of the snow. I started sewing. Chris came home from work. He took a picture of the snow in the back yard and e-mailed it to his buddy in Honduras. I talked to Faye, but she wasn't at the rehab yet, so hadn't seen Dad today.
Stacey agreed to go for a walk even though it was snowing. I bundled up warmly and stood by the window. When I saw her come out, I went out to greet her. We walked three times around the circle in the falling snow. Then we hugged and went home.
I think I ate a little something more. An orange? Then I quilted placemats while listening to an interview with Stefanie Seneff. When it ended, I asked Chris if he had something to say. I should know better by now. It wasn't pretty. I sewed some more, until 8. Chris brought me some pumpkin/banana cream. Then we sat on the couch and watched two episodes of ST:NG. He went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: