Wednesday, December 18, 2019

It's a wrap

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30, but I did not feel like getting up. Chris did, though. It was closer to 8 when I got out to the kitchen. I brushed and swished. I asked Chris to put the stretchy band on my smaller watch. And he did. I read e-mail and took some morning supplements.
At 10:30 I got dressed and went to Stacey's house. We went to Michaels where she bought a frame. Then she sat in the car while I went in the bank to get cash. Finally we went to Tuesday Morning. I gave her cash for what her husband spent online yesterday. We browsed the store. I found socks and a monthly planner for me, plus some gifts. She got stuff, too. As she checked out, I called her attention to an apron labeled Grill Instructor. So she got that as well. Then I checked out, and we went back to base.
After she dropped me off, I made and ate breakfast. Then I sat outside and read. But it was so cold that I stayed very close to the house. I did not bare even one foot. When I came in, I read e-mail, and cleared over 100. At 4 I went to the post office and picked up a package from Nuts.com. On the way back, I stopped at the library to get books on CD. But the ones I wanted were checked out and I suspected Chris had already been there.
When I got home, I contacted Stacey, who was ready to wrap gifts. So I put mine in the car and picked her up at her house. We went to the Housing office where they had a gift wrap station. I was pleased to see such high quality paper and ribbon. We both wrapped until the place closed at 5. I was done, but she planned to go back tomorrow to finish up.
When I got home, I made a salad with an egg and salmon on top. I listened to a Ben Greenfield podcast while I refreshed mixes, and made seed crackers. While the crackers baked, I washed dishes. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of ST:NG. When I went back to my e-mail, I discovered that Yahoo was systematically marking all my 'unread' e-mail as 'read'. With an inbox of 10,000 e-mails, it will be almost impossible to find the unread ones. I wrote my blog and got ready for bed.
* This is me, at the gift wrap station. *

No comments: