Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A messy project

I got up around 8. I lit the candle and put it in the master bedroom. I took out of the room things I thought I would need in the next 5 hours. I swished, brushed and swished again. I finished some topstitching. I read e-mail. I made coffee. I did my once-a-week exercises. I meditated and tapped. I read several pages from a book that is due soon.
I moved the candle to the fabric room. I cleaned the bathrooms and mopped one floor. I washed dishes, then showered and got dressed. I went for a walk around the circle. My left foot was very cooperative. Although it was 30 degrees this morning, it was up to 58 by 2pm, so I didn't need a coat.
When I got back, I blew out the candle. I made and ate breakfast. I put some coconut oil and beeswax in a bowl over hot water. The coconut oil melted soon, but the beeswas was very slow. I set out mold plates in the hall bath and the guest room. I was surprised to see that one was cracked. So I covered the crack with tape and let it go. I set the timer for one hour. Chris come home while I was eating liver. Soon the timer rang but I couldn't remember why I set it. He wanted to go straight to the dealership to pick up his car. So I finished the liver and we left. Jordan road was backed up. I did not wait at the dealership, but went home, going through Gate 9. It was backed up as well. Note to self, don't go anywhere at 4pm.
The beeswax was almost melted. I washed 19 little pots. I put essential oils in a jar. I added olive oil to the beeswax and coconut oil. I mixed it with the oils in the jar, and spooned out the liquid into the little pots. It was messy. My hands were oily but I tried not to get any on the outside of the pots. The leftovers went into the jar. I put one little pot in my purse for tomorrow.
I finally remembered the mold plates and picked them up. I wrapped them in tin foil and put them aside to grow out any spores that they might have. I made a salad, and had some blueberries and pumpkin puree.
There was a message from Stacey, but when I called her back, there was no answer. So I grabbed my purse and went to choir practice alone. I was a little early. I found my folder, took out the old music and put in the new. I sat in my spot and conversed with the basses until Jennifer started the warm-ups. We sang through three songs, repeating as needed. We assembled at the front to sing the one for this Sunday. Then she dismissed us early. Stacey had come in late, but she stayed to talk to me. She had not worn a coat, so it was uncomfortable to see her standing outside as we talked. I gave her the little pot of lip balm from my purse. Then we agreed it was time to go home, since the gate closes at 9. She left first and I was right behind her. But we took two different routes. Still, I pulled up behind her at the first light on post, and followed her home, passing by and parking in my driveway. I wondered if she noticed.
Chris was ready with the last CD of the book. I put another pot in my purse, then I sat beside him and resumed working on the binding. I got almost a whole side done before the CD ended. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to write this post.
* This is a quilt I saw yesterday. *

No comments: