Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Show-n-tell

I got up soon after the 7:30 alarm went off. I got dressed, and stood in the sunlight streaming through the blinds in the kitchen. I made up a week's worth of supplements from the functional medicine practitioner. I checked e-mail, and soaked sprouts for 10 minutes. I brushed and swished. I checked out the mold plates, two of which were barely showing anything. The one from the fabric room had a few colonies.
I took the protein supplement, then put my machine in the trunk. I got on the road, but the car had trouble adjusting to the freezing cold. I was both sympathetic and worried. But it was fully warmed up by the time I got to Beverly's house. She showed me shelving in her house that came from her mom and dad.
I drove us to quilting. I set up my machine. Robin gave me a stack of 5” squares, which I sorted into lights and darks. Beverly set up next to me and we both sewed squares together. The electricity went out for a short time. I got 5 rows done and added two from Beverly. Other ladies put out a lunch of mostly breakfast foods. Beverly arranged for another ride home so she could stop at WalMart for groceries.
I went home and was surprised to see Chris there. Apparently he never went to work this morning because he wasn't feeling well, and had moved into the guest room. I took my supplements and pre-breakfast mixes while listening to Margaret Lynch live. After eating breakfast, I cracked open a coconut; something Chris found very amusing.
At 1:45 I went to church. I recorded the offering in the computer and printed reports. I met with Elaine. We did testings and clearings. Then I went to bank to make the deposit. I had to wait quite a while because someone brought in a mountain of change and the teller had to wrap it all.
When I got home, I took the mid-afternoon supplement. I went for a walk, but a short one because of the cold and the wind. Then I read e-mail, and checked my blog for projects done in the last month. I put said items in a bag. I ate supper, and found a new way to go to guild meeting; one that would avoid traffic on Jordan Lane.
When I got to Sew Creative, I parked and went in the back. The meeting hadn't started yet, so I looked through the store, but found no night sky fabric. Then I took a seat in back. Linda asked me to sign in. I did not know we were taking role. But each person who signed in got a pin cushion, a sticker, and a pack of needles. I also had to sign up for show-n-tell: something I had never done before. I chatted until the meeting started. When show-n-tell came, I showed a shuttle block, hanging towel, and placemat. I took pics of the items other people showed.
After the meeting, we had a dirty santa exchange for those who had a gift last month but it got snowed out. Surprisingly the gift I brought (fabric) was stolen twice. That made me feel good. But the gift I unwrapped was not my style or color and did not get stolen. That was a shame because the person who made it put a lot of work and thought into it.
I got home about 8. When Chris was ready, we started watching Dressed to Kill, which was a Netflix movie with Michael Caine. But it was awful. So then we watched two episodes of ST:NG. I took supplements, and wrote to my blog post before taking the last one.

No comments: