Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The watch saga continues

I got up soon after 7:30. I got dressed. I washed dishes while listening to a podcast on detoxing. I only had to restart it once. I deleted the first round of e-mail. I researched a new supplement that was mentioned.
When I had worked my way through supplements and pre-breakfast mixes and was ready to make breakfast, here comes Chris to put beef ribs in the oven. It's funny how we don't spend much time in the kitchen, but we always need the kitchen at the same time. When the ribs were baking, Chris played games on his laptop. I made and ate breakfast while watching tapping videos. Chris went back to work.
At noon, I put my sewing machine in the car and went to quilting. When I got there, I found a seat on the back row. I worked on towels, while talking to Bertha. Lauri held up my red quilt and my blue quilt so I could take pics for my Pinterest page. I told Dinah that I would supervise the next charity quilt.
At 3 I packed up and went to the mall with my watch head and the new watchband. I sat at Hobbs Jewelry for half an hour while the lady struggled to get the band on. Finally she said it wouldn't fit: the watch was 9mm and the band lug was 9.03mm. I had looked at watches in the display case. There was one I liked, but I wasn't ready to pay $300 for a watch. She paged through a sales book and identified one band that should fit. It was over $30 and too long. But she assured me that Mr. Hobbs could shorten it and that he would be back at work by the end of the week. So I paid for it and she special-ordered it. I left the watch head and the non-fitting band so he could shorten the new one to fit when it came in.
It was just after 4 when I got home. I took the mid-afternoon supplement, and went for a walk. I was able to walk at my normal speed for the first time in months. I stopped often to stretch my foot against the curb. When I got back, I called Faye, who was at Rehab with Dad. He was doing well and she sounded good too.
I read e-mail until an hour had passed since the supplement. Then I ate one of the ribs. Chris had put lots of spice on it. I also ate the rest of my sprouts since they had stopped growing. Chris cooked yucca root and mashed it. It was good with the rib juice on it. Later, I put the meat in a small glass container which went into the fridge. I wiped the grease out of the pan with paper towels and put hot soapy water in it. Chris would have skipped the wiping part, but I don't want all the grease going down the drain.
There was a package in my mailbox: a seam guide sticker. I thought $10 was too much for a sticker, so I scanned it into my desktop and then made a copy for next time (or another machine). I played a video of the installation procedure, but there was no sound. I tried the desktop and still no sound. So I turned to my old laptop, and there was sound, but it wasn't great. I took the sticker to my machine. It seemed larger than necessary and I wondered if I could cut it in such a way as to get two out of it.
At 8:10, we watched two episodes of ST:NG with Chris, then went to bed at the same time.
* She is going to teach a class on how to make this block. *

No comments: