Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The new faucet

I am not certain when I got up. I brushed and swished. I put down a paper towel and made the leak drip so it could be found and fixed as quickly as possible. I got a project ready for going to quilting. I looked at watch bands online, finally found one on ETSY. I nearly bought two but wasn't certain if the length was exactly right. No workmen came to fix the leak. And I missed the 9am cutoff for starting the candle. The candle is supposed to burn for three hours to deactivate any mold in the room. I was going to light the candle anyway at 9:30, but could not find a lighter or a match. Then the maintenance man came at 9:45. While he worked, I read e-mail and washed dishes. When he was done, he showed me the new faucet he had installed (which did not match the one at the other sink). He said the old one was cracked. (Probably when the hot water hit it after being cold for two weeks).
I made and ate breakfast. I put my quilting stuff in the car and went to the church at noon. The table was full of women finishing up lunch. There was a machine or project at every place on the sewing tables. So I sat by Rebecca and talked to her until someone left. Then I took her spot. I worked on a hanging towel. Alice and Maryanne stayed and talked to me after the others had left. It was better than sewing, which I can do at home anyway.
We packed up about 3. I drove home. I took the mid-afternoon supplement. I walked around the block in the waning sun. My left foot was not completely comfortable, but is getting better. Then I took a book and read out in the back yard to catch the last of the sun's rays. When I came in, I got some liver and onions from the fridge. I swallowed the supper pills, then ate. Then I made a salad and ate that while watching something on Youtube.
I laid out supplements for the rest of the week in the pill minder box. I read reviews of Knives Out, thinking Marta started the whole thing by suggesting to Harlan that he cut off the flow of money to his children.
At 8 I sat with Chris and listened to two CD's of the book. Only 3 CD's left to go. It is due tomorrow but Chris is going to renew it. My regular book is due soon, so I need to finish that as well. After the second CD ended, I brushed my teeth and went to bed.

No comments: