Friday, January 17, 2020

Beginning the process of creating his costume

I got up at 8 thinking I heard the 8:30 alarm. I brushed and swished. I washed up and got dressed. I spent the morning looking at magnets on Amazon and at the place I bought my really strong ones. But the shipping was more than the magnets at that place, so I stuck with Amazon. I finally found something similar to what Hobby Lobby had, and placed an order.
Then I started looking at kimono patterns to find one appropriate for Chris' costume. After 10, I started the new order of supplements and pre-breakfast mixes. I am trying to separate the fat-soluble ones from the water-soluble ones.
After making and eating breakfast, I looked some more. I had trouble locating patterns for pieces I wanted to make. Some had instructions, but no diagrams. And one was so detailed that I couldn't follow it. I set out three mold plates for retesting. Then I walked for 40 minutes, including walking through the brush looking for wild daffodils.
When I got back, I looked for patterns for hakama pants, which might be Japanese, or Chinese. And might be suitable for his costume, or maybe not. So many decisions to make. As it was sunny, I decided to take a break and sit outside and read for awhile. I was so glad to see the sunshine. When I came in, I found that Chris was home early. He hadn't known I was in the back yard. He put mail on my laptop, but it was nothing I cared about. I read e-mail for a bit and listened to podcasts. At 5, I made a large salad for supper and put chunks of ham on it. It was so satisfying.
After supper, I perused Mongolian images on Pinterest, hoping a fully formed image of Chris' costume would appear in my mind. Their typical deel involved fasteners that I didn't have. So it never quite gelled. I took down Chris' measurements anyway.
We watched two episodes of ST:NG. I asked Chris to look at my thumb because it felt like a splinter was in it. But he saw nothing there. Then I posted to my blog and called it a night.
* This is a poinsettia that the Korean doctors raised from a normal sized plant last year. *

No comments: