Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The mystery ingredient

I woke up multiple times during the night being too hot. I finally got up at 7:30 when I heard my phone alarm. I was not sure which alarm it was, so I changed the ring tone on the 8:30 alarm so I could tell the difference. My pendant was missing but the chain was entangled in my nightgown. I got dressed, then found my pendant. My head was itchy so I put a mixture of vodka and EO on my scalp. I had thought the itch was gone, but it has gotten significantly worse. I brushed and swished. I laid out practitioner supplements for the week. Chris left the lid up on the bread machine, indicating that he needed a loaf of bread. So I added all the ingredients and got it started. Then I wrote and posted my blog for yesterday.
At 9:30 I left for quilting, came back for my protein drink, then left again. When I got there, I put several bags of trimmings with the dog bed stuff. Terry was selling a handcrank sewing machine from the 1700's. I knew someone who likes old machines so I took a pic to send her. Then I sat and sewed while listening to the ladies chat. Scraps were thrown on a table for ladies to pick through, so I selected a few to go with the small squares Bertha gave me yesterday. I hung out a while longer, then went home.
I made and ate my pre-breakfast mixes. I sorted through e-mail. I sent a pic of the old machine. Then I made and ate breakfast while listening to a podcast. I boiled water to sanitize some utensils that touched a batch of ferment that went bad. And I washed the dishes in the sink. I made a list of the things I wanted to accomplish on my next trip. There were 5.
First I went to the Asian grocery and picked up a package of bitter melon. Then I went to the $ store to look for an ice scraper. Just after that, I arrived at church where I entered the data in the computer and printed reports. I called Elaine to see if she was meeting me there, but she said her back was out. So then I went to the bank to deposit funds and came home.
I decided to go for a walk. But first I delivered the package of bitter melon to our pastor, who likes cooking contests like Chopped. He was like a kid waiting for Santa, so happy to find out what the mystery ingredient was. Then I continued walking around the neighborhood. Sadly, I walked a little slower than yesterday. When I got home, I greeted Chris. I did some topstitching. I called MaryAnn back, and we had a nice long chat. I ate 2 beef ribs, and made a big salad. I read e-mail for a bit. I looked for my sewing glasses to do some cutting. I didn't find them. Chris showed me some online pics of the costume he would like me to make for him. I searched my fabric closet for silks from the Chosun. I pulled out purples and golds. Then we watched two episodes of ST:NG.
I posted the red and blue quilts to my Pinterest page. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and take the last supplement.
* This machine is older than all of my machines put together. *

No comments: