Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hats and boots

I got up to shut off my phone at 7:30. I think I went back to bed, but got up soon anyway. I brushed and swished. I sipped green tea while cutting strips for blocks. When everything was cut, I sewed 4 blocks together. I took a break for supplements and pre-breakfast mixes, and to write my blog post for yesterday. Then I finished the rest of the blocks, for a total of 20.
I made and ate breakfast while listening to podcasts or something. When Chris was ready, we got in his car and went to Cavender's. He wanted a cowboy hat for his costume. I helped him pick one out. I was surprised at the price. Then we headed to Jo-Anns, getting off course twice. He and I walked through the special fabrics section. I picked two possibilities and got in line. It was going to be a long wait, so he walked to Earth Fare to get beans for bean soup. When I finally got the fabric cut, I went to the seam binding section and got two packets of matching binding. I stood in line to pay for it. I did not have my phone to show the 20% coupon, but the cashier gave me the discount anyway.
When I walked to the car, Chris was not there, so I headed to Earth Fare and met him coming back. He couldn't find a bag of mixed beans so he bought individual bags of beans. Then we went home.
I took my mid-afternoon supplements, and went for a walk. It took a little longer than I had planned. Soon after I got back, Michele called Chris. I got to talk to her as well. I sent her a pic of Chris' costume in progress and she liked it.
Then it was time for supper. I ate pulled pork, celery, and the rest of the sprouts. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers. Then I looked up Mongolian king images on the internet. I wanted to see how the belts or sashes looked in the back. But there were no pics of that. Then I watched several short videos on attaching thick trim.
We watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. While we were watching, Chris put polish on his boots (that he bought in college and planned to wear with his costume). The odor bothered my nose. He tried using one of my inserts because the inner sole was worn through, but could not get his foot inside.
Afterward, I took the detoxing herbs, and helped Chris put clean sheets on the bed. Then I wrote my blog post. Finally, I took the binders and got ready for bed.
* This is the 3D embroidered butterfly that Leanne gave me. *

No comments: