Tuesday, January 28, 2020

At least it was only two weeks

After I went to bed last night, I heard that particular ringing in my ear that I associate with the router. I hadn't turned it off because the signal was shut down, which should have been enough. I got up anyway and turned off the power, then there was no more of that ringing. I had trouble sleeping of course due to thinking about David and his family.
I shut off my alarm at 7:30. I brushed and swished. I turned on the power to the router. I washed dishes. I sterilized a jar and poured fermented coconut milk into it. The rest went into the fridge. I woke up my laptop and checked for a signal. I also checked with my phone. They identified no wi-fi signal from our router.
Chris sent me an e-mail telling me to check my driver's license because his was expiring on Saturday. So I did, and mine expired two weeks go. Hmm. I did a search on renewing, and was able to do it online, for a fee, and print out a 30day permit. For the price of the fee, you'd think they could mail me a renewal form before the expiration date.
I got dressed and went to quilting. I dropped off two bags of scraps for dog beds. The class was making folded fabric ornaments. I joined in. It went slowly enough that I was able to do some whip-stitching on another project as well. I brought some themed fabric for Beverly and she cut some squares to make little sewn letters for her granddaughter to play with.
When I got home, I finished taking pre-breakfast mixes. I made up more greens mix. I fixed my breakfast, then ate it outside to enjoy the sunshine. I ate some bean soup as well. Then I went to the church as usual.
There was a big truck in the back which came to get the grand piano. The owner wanted it back. I secluded myself in the church office. The treasurer came by with his records. We talked and I gave him the check request form. After he left, I entered info into the computer, then signed up to sponsor the altar flowers this Sunday in memory of David.
I went to the bank to deposit the funds. When I got home, I checked messages, then went for a walk. Because it was so sunny, I also read outside until I got chilly. Then I made a large salad for supper, and also hardboiled a bunch of eggs. I ate two of them. I top-stitched some towels, and did some quilting. I searched for purple seam binding, but was unable to find my stash. I looked for matching fabric for another project.
At 8 I started watching Royal Pains. Chris called, and we talked but did not have much to say. I finished that episode and watched another. I got a message from my cousin about the funeral. I texted it to Faye and William, and e-mailed it to Kurt. It was too late to call anybody.

No comments: