Sunday, January 5, 2020

Still no watch

I got up at 7:35. I listened to podcasts, did some tapping, and looked at mold-fighting solutions. I found a leak in bathroom as I washed up and got ready for church. I decided to wear pants because it was below freezing. I also put on earrings and wore my hair down.
When I got to church, I stood around talking to Lars and Ron and Don. When the service started, the pastor told us to greet each other and do all our talking then instead of later during the passing of the peace. So we did, and I greeting Jennifer. Later, when the offering plate came around, Don wasn't ready. So I wrote his name on a pew envelop and told him I would take it up later. After the service, people were taking down the greenery and decorations. I told them I was taking the other kind of greenery. I put Don's envelop in the plate, then took all the offering to the safe. I came back to help the others. I brought in the 4 wreaths from outside. Jennifer gave me my juicer back. She said her husband cleaned it so well, that she was afraid to use it again.
I carried it out to my car. I stopped at Publix to recycle grocery bags, then went home to have breakfast. Chris said someone was coming in the morning to fix the leak in the bathroom. So much for burning the mold-defying candle in the bedroom. But maybe they will arrive and leave early.
I packed my cutting stuff and went to Renegades. The ladies had just finished lunch. I sat at the table and played Right Left Center with fat quarters. Lynette won all the fat quarters, and donated them to the group stash. I bought eggs from Tina. Then I spent hours stacking squares. When it was time to go, I helped pack up tables, carry out bags of fabric, and then I finished the vacuuming.
On the way home, I went to the mall to look for watch bands. I had no luck at the jewelers because their bands were too wide. One place told me that if I found a band at the department stores, I could bring it back to get put on. But I found nothing at either one. Then Faye called to say one of Dad's checks was missing. I was no help. Then I drove home. I took the midafternoon supplements. I looked online for watchbands, but had no luck. Then I had supper: liver, onions, large salad. I called Faye and she had found the check. I made up two weeks of my own supplements. Then I jotted notes for my blog. I posted for yesterday and wrote something for today.
Then I sat by Chris on the couch. We listened to two CD's of the book, finishing 10 out of 15. I must have fallen asleep at least once, missing a crucial part, but awake for the second CD. Afterward, I posted to my blog and we went to bed.
* Another pic taken at the quilt show in October. *

No comments: