Monday, January 27, 2020

Shocking and sad

I got up at 8:30. I didn't realize it was so late until I heard the alarm ring. I guess I slept in after waking in the middle of the night when Chris took his shower and went to meet his plane. I brushed and swished. I looked for instructions on how to turn off our wi-fi signal. I wrestled with it for 10 minutes on the new laptop with no success, but found it in seconds on the old laptop. I turned off the signal and hardwired the new laptop to the modem. Chris texted me from some airport asking if I would like to go to Costa Rica in March to look for property to buy. I thought it was just cold weather talk, but he was serious.
I looked up the miracle mold detox for Elaine, but had trouble finding it. I renewed my library book. I located the detox and sent it to her. I got a message from my dentist wanting to confirm an appointment. I had to turn on my data for that and got a message from Gwenda. So I called her. She told me her brother David (my cousin) had passed away this morning. He had not been sick. It was quite a shock to me so I could only imagine the shock to his wife, children, and siblings. I sent messages to Faye and Kurt. I called William and told him. I called Dad but got no answer.
I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed. I threw something in my rolling caddy and went to quilting. I cried on the way, but tried to compose myself before I went in.
I handed out blocks to those who were doing the block swap, letting them know that I did not want any blocks in return. Carolyn gave me a jelly roll for the next charity quilt. I worked on a set of towels, then helped Rachel with her blocks. I stayed until 4.
Then I packed up and went to post office, and then home. I took a walk in what was left of the sunshine. I thought about my cousin's family and what they must be going through. When I got back, I had supper, consisting of nuts, bean soup, and ham. Chris texted that he was waiting for a plane to take him to Yuma. He was supposed to be there much earlier but due to fog, got re-routed and won't get in until midnight.
I signed into Gmail on the old computer since it is also hardwired to the modem. But Google would not accept the password, which I had written down. So I had to change it again, to another form of Google-is-a-butthead.
I read condolence messages about David on Facebook. It was heart-breaking, but it showed just how well-loved he was. I watched two episodes of Royal Pains, during which I looked through the dog bed scraps, and used my massage ball on my shoulders. Then I made up a new batch of liver push supplements for taking at night. I took one dose. I wrote my blog post while waiting 30 minutes to take the binding agents. Then I got ready for bed.
* Thanks to Kenneth Fox for posting this picture of David. *

No comments: