Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Day of Rest

I set the Apollo on the sleep setting before I went to bed. I don't know if I fell asleep sooner than usual, but I don't remember waking up during the night. We got up about 7:30. I felt rested. I took the first supplement, then brushed and swished. I put on earrings, but it was tough because the holes were healing shut. I did a quick check of e-mail, and searched my laptop and the desktop for pics of a block-of-the-month program that I did 8 years ago. I did not find what I was looking for, but I did find lots of pics that I didn't take, and neither did Chris. I tried to delete them because they were in poor taste. I listened to more from John Gray. At 10, I paused it to watch the streaming video of the Huntsville church service. It was good to see so many familiar faces. Then I took all my pre-breakfast supplements. Chris got a call that the server at work went down and it was an issue he got to deal with off and on for the rest of the day. It was later than usual when I made and ate breakfast. I put on my bathing suit and laid out in the sun with a book. The book was interesting, so although I came in 20 minutes later so I wouldn't burn, I sat in the recliner and finished the book. Afterward, I put regular clothes on and we took the washed containers back to Johnnie and had a nice conversation at her house. She had some nice window-cling vinyl that I noticed on her front door. We traded phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Then Chris and I went home. I ate supper consisting of egg salad, and a green salad supplemented by dandelion, plus half of a sweet potato. I lfinished the John Gray interview. Then I started reading another book. This is a day of rest, after all. Chris came in the den to say he was ready to watch TV. I put on the Apollo and we watched two epsodes of Lucifer. Then I sat down to write up my blog post for today. I plan to use the Apollo to fall asleep again tonight.

No comments: