Thursday, August 27, 2020

Fasting day

>I woke up on time, but stayed in bed until 8 because I was still tired. I made coffee and put on meditation music. I swished, exercised and drybrushed. I checked e-mail, then proceeded with meditation, tapping and detox. I made some bone broth and ginger tea, but I skipped breakfast. I cleaned all the utensils in the kitchen. I read more e-mail, and unsubscribed to things I don't have time to read. I read a book outside in the sun, and sweated in the shed. Then I took a shower. In the process of getting dressed, I tried on a bunch of clothing I hadn't worn in a while to find some for the discard pile. I was able to empty a box. One of the tops I pulled out was from a Korean second hand shop. Whoever wore it, had a perfume that just wouldn't quit. I soaked it in Arm n Hammer washing soda.
I watered the plants when I realized Chris hadn't come home for lunch. My phone didn't work because Atnt service was out in this area. I leveled some gopher mounds and poured castor oil mix in the tunnels. The gophers seem to be moving away from the house.
I watched a number of videos on installing window film, before I found one for curved windows. I got a small spray bottle from the laundry room and put water and dishsoap in it. I sprayed the oval window of the door and wiped it well with a microfiber cloth. Then I held up the roll of window film and realized it was not quite as wide as the window. Undaunted, I peeled the backing partway off. I pressed the top edge to the window and peeled off the rest of the backing, down to the lower edge of the window and cut it off. I also trimmed generously around the edges with scissors. I used the squeegee to get the bubbles out. Then slowly and carefully, I trimmed the edges flush with a box cutter. Not too bad. I tried to photograph it, but the camera was not seeing it as my eye did.
I wrung out the Korean top and hung it up to dry. I watched a bunch of short tapping videos, trying to catch up. It was past time for Chris to come home, but he wasn't here. I tried to skype Faye, but got a message that she was not online. I decided to skip supper.
I wanted to go to the post office to check for mail. To make the trip longer, I went up and around, then down the hill. Since Chris hadn't come home yet (6:45), I passed the post office and went to Chris' office building. His car was in the parking lot but the building was locked. I turned around and headed back to the post office. Before I got there, a car pulled up and the driver called me Good Lookin' and asked if I wanted a ride. So I accepted, and he took me to the post office, where there was no mail, at least not for me. Then he took me home. He told me he had a late meeting and then went out the front gate to see the ATnT people fixing something.
I sat at my laptop and read e-mail, then found myself watching Brad Yates and his wife, doing a live tapping session. So I stayed to watch. It went a little past 8. Chris had the TV ready so I made my magnesium drink and sat with him. It took us a long time to get through the first episode because Chris kept pausing it. The first time we had a discussion about Spanish looks vs Latin-American looks. Then he heard his phone alarm and got up to kill the boss and then to make himself a mexican drink. So I got up and did a few things myself. Then we finished that episode and he got up again. When he came back, we watched the second episode - or at least I did. His eyes were shut most of the time.
Afterward, I sat down to write my blog post and get ready for bed.
* I love the rainbow colors that come through the window film. Privacy and beauty *

No comments: