Thursday, August 20, 2020

Still not right

I got up before 7:30. I went outside to fix gopher mounds. The knitting needle I was using to find gopher tunnels was gone. I searched the yard to no avail, so I got out another one, a large white plastic one that I can't lose so easily. I watered the dry spots and spread grass seed on them. I also scattered the seeds that I've been trying to sprout for 2- 3 weeks now. Maybe they will do better outside.
When I came in, I shortened the elastic on an old pair of shorts. I could have replaced it, but a) the old elastic was sewn in, and b) the material was worn, too. So I just picked open the back waist seam and snugged it up a bit. I brushed and flossed. The floss went under the crown of #19 and it hurt. The dentist had assured me everything was fine and there was no gap. I want to believe him, but my intuition says something is still wrong. I called William to find out if Patrick paid him, and it seems he hasn't, but still promising to do so. Then I worked on combining all the little boxes of Christmas stuff into one larger box. That way I can find it at the appropriate time. I moved a craft room box, and unpacked the box under it. There was a box inside that was full of old photos, from high school, college, and the early years of our marriage. Michele sure was a cute kid.
Around noon I made breakfast and ate it while watching Del Bigtree live on Facebook. He interviewed two people, one of whom was the director of a new documentary called “Plandemic”. I paused the video at solar noon to laid outside and read in the sun. When I came in, I watered some of the plants, and put one in a large bowl of water to really soak.
I finished Del's talk. I looked at old pics, which brought back a lot of memories. I wondered if looking at old pics would help my dad feel like his younger self. Then I watched Plandemic. A lot of it I was familiar with, but there was some new stuff. I put on walking shoes and mowed in the back yard and side yard. I quit when my hands got sore from the vibration.
I checked e-mail again, then started digging out leftovers for supper. Chris came home from work. I asked him if he would have time to work on my sewing machine tonight and he said yes.
After supper, I read comments on articles. Then I walked to the post office to pick up any mail. I found a bunch of envelopes and one bag with supplements. I carried it all home and gave most of the envelopes to Chris. I put the lawn mower away, then made magnesium water. We watched two episodes of Lucifer, season 4. It's not my favorite season because it ends in a violent way.
* Here is one of the old pictures I found. *

No comments: