Monday, August 24, 2020

It rained!

I slept ok until the first hot flash hit. There was no sleeping after that, even though I got up once. The Apollo was out of charge so no help. I got up around 7:15. I put Apollo on the charger and reprogrammed it for relaxation. I made a protein drink and an H2 drink. I tried to unpack some lamps, but I couldn't get the heavier ones out. I smoothed the paper. I drank the drinks which were now ready.
I brushed and swished. I tried on a bunch of clothes from a box, and put most of them in the dresser, but some went to a donation pile. Then I went outside to water the dryer parts of the lawn and to look for gopher mounds. I did not find any.
I spent the rest of the morning tapping, until it was time for breakfast. I listened to more tapping audios as I ate. Chris came home for lunch and brought me an ad, which was all we got in the mail today. I was hoping for a new teapot.
I called William. He had gotten off work early to pick up some medication. I put on my bathing suit and laid on the chaise lounge in the shed. With the door open, the sun came in just right. I tanned both sides of me, and kept reading till I finished the book. Then I went inside and cleaned off all the sweat. My own sauna!
I got dressed again. I read e-mail and answered some, too. Melanie told me what the plants were that are growing in my lawn. I worked in the garage, unpacking a box and moving others around. When Chris came home from work, I asked him to move some things that were too heavy for me.
For supper, I had roast beef, and salad, plus a slice of watermelon and some blueberries. I texted back and forth with Stacey. We decided to try a recipe together. Well, actually, with Eric.
Chris said it was strange that he never found the AV cord that connects the DVD player to the TV. I went looking in every place I had seen cords. Back in the guest room where we upended the parts box, was where I found it. I handed him a flashlight and he hooked the player up to the TV and tested the connection to make sure it was working. Then he went back to his game.
I made my magnesium drink and told Chris I was ready to watch TV whenever he was. I unpacked scraps in the garage. Then I found him polishing his shoes. The polish smelled unpleasant and strong. We watched two episodes of Lucifer, finishing season 4 and starting season 5. It started to rain so I asked Chris to check my car windows. After the show, I brushed and swished and typed up my blog post before going to bed.
* This is called bindweed, and it grows all over the lawn. *

No comments: