Saturday, August 8, 2020

Mysterious mounds

I got up a little late because I woke up early and tried to go back to sleep. I did not wake during the night, which was good. I got up to brush, swish and take supplements.
Chris wanted a haircut so he went to get a chair and I went to get the hair kit. First we went to the back porch, but the sun was too bright. So we tried the front porch, but the outlet didn't work. We ended up in the garage. He asked me to cut it with the 1/8th inch attachment. I thought it was way too short, but he insisted that's what he wanted. So I started the razor and cut off most of his hair. Then he said the top should be longer. Oops. I tried to feather in what was left of the top so there would not be a definite line between scalp showing, and scalp not showing. It wasn't great, but he was happy with the cut.
Then he swept up the hair. He helped me free the vacuum from it's place behind stuff in the garage. He also freed the inversion table and helped me set it up. He got out the lawn mower, too, and put it in the shed where I could get at it.
Chris also wanted to register our cars at the place in Tooele. So after I had breakfast and did a little arranging in the sewing room, he got his sheaf of papers with the titles and we headed out. We were half way to Tooele when Chris remembered my car registration was still in my car. So he turned around and we went back to get it. We'd have been further along but had been caught behind a cement truck going up the mountain.
Anyway, we got the registration and headed again for Tooele. The GPS helped us find the general area. We parked at one building and walked across to another. We stood in line at the registration office, only to find when we got to the window that we needed VIN inspections on both cars before we could register them. She gave us the forms and said the police could do it.
We left and went to Wells Fargo to open a checking account. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. Chris and the banker spoke spanish to each other, and Chris told him stories involving foreign languages. While we were sitting there, the dealership called to say the front license plate holder for my car had come in. Chris set up a service appointment for tomorrow at 9.
When that was done, Chris typed the dentist's address into the GPS and we continued down Main Street less than a mile. I took a pic of the place when we got there. I was going to go in and get the paperwork so I could fill it out for next week, but the sign on the door said to call from your car. So, I called from the car. The message said they were closed. But as Chris started backing up, a man and several women came out from behind the building. So I walked up and asked if I could have the paperwork and one of the ladies went back and got the intake form for me.
Lucky's was across the street so we went there and shopped for groceries. I found organic tomatoes and apples there, but no bone broth or organic coconut milk. Then I went to the nutrition store and got a few things that I ordered but will take too long to get here. I also got a beet drink because I was so thirsty.
Then we went to Macey's for the milk and broth. William called, so Chris took the cart and I walked outside so I could talk without the mask. When Chris came out with the groceries, I followed him to the car. He loaded the bags and put some things in the cooler, which wasn't so cool by this time. And we headed home.
Going through the mountain, I lost phone signal, and then we lost radio signal, but not at the same time. When we got to post, we stopped at the post office and got our mail. Then we went home and put the groceries away. I had forgotten to put bananas on the list so Chris went to the Commissary to get them, but that place closes early on Friday. He went to the shoppette instead, and got beer.
For supper, I ate a cob of corn and I made a salad including dandelion I picked from the back yard. After supper, I dug up mounds of dirt that appeared in the lawn and were going to impede the progress of mowing. The dirt was loose like an ant hill, but no ants came out when I scooped it into a bucket with a trowel. Nor were there any tunnels in it or under it. Just yellowed grass. I filled the bucket many times and emptied it in a depression in the back yard. I stopped before the sprinklers were due to start. I wondered if the mounds would reappear tomorrow.
We watched two episodes of Lucifer. I recharged Apollo so it wouldn't run down during the night. I took Chris in the sewing room to describe my difficulty in arranging the furniture. After some discussion, Chris came up with a working solution. Then I sat down to write about my day and get ready for bed.
* Kurt wanted a pic of the base from a high elevation, but it is all so flat (at least until you get to the mountain, which is too far away). *

No comments: