Monday, August 10, 2020

The answer to gophers?

I woke up thinking about seeing the dentist today. I was going to arrive early, but wondered if they would make me sit in my hot car until my appointment time, and what if they were running late? I had filled out the paperwork yesterday and decided not to enter my SSN or DL numbers because neither Chris nor I could think of a reason for them to need that info.
I got up to drink some protein powder with molecular hydrogen and set the Apollo on 'heal and rebuild'. Then I brushed and swished and washed up. I stepped on the scale and it indicated that I lost 10 pounds. I kinda doubt that so I got out two 10lb weights. They did not register as 20 lbs. Maybe it's time for a new scale.
I turned on the router. Even though I had restarted my laptop last night before putting it to sleep, apparently it rebooted again and dropped all my open windows in Edge. Grrrr! I looked up how to get them back, and what I found was more along the lines of preventing it from happening next time.
I listened to audios and sorted through old pictures, reliving good times. I found a croquet set in a box in the garage. I wondered if it was the answer to my prayers about gophers. I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail. Xylana messaged me that she'd send me a pattern of her own making for what she called a 'sneeze shield'. She said it was easier to breathe through. I checked the front lawn and saw a new gopher mound.
Chris came home for lunch. I asked him to get a box down from a high shelf in the fabric room for me. I checked the contents and labeled it in large letters so I wouldn't have to check it again. Then I read a few more things online before getting ready to go to the dentist. Just at that moment Faye started texting me from her dentist office. I got in my car and headed to Tooele. I had my CD player but it would not play. I think the heat killed the batteries. I made a decision to check the time along the way. It took 45 minutes to get to the outer edge of Tooele, but I forgot to check again when I arrived at the dentist. It must have been another 5 to 7 minutes.
Anyway, I texted them from my car and they said to come in. I was glad I didn't have to wait in the car. I handed over the filled forms, signed a CoVid form, and sat in the waiting room. Soon I was called back and was seated in a reclining chair. There was a TV on the ceiling. The dentist came in to introduce himself. I told him about the root canal on #13 and the pain in #19. He had the assistant x-ray #19. Then he checked it and said the margins were soft and there was decay, but no absess. He drilled out the temp filling in the root canal and filled it with … something else. He also ground down some high spots on #19. After he left, the assistant helped me make another appt to have tooth #19 fixed. She also had a paper showing the costs for today and the next appt. I rinsed my mouth out several times because there was sediment left. Then I went to the front desk to pay and sign up for their self-insurance program. Whereas their website said $19 a month, they charged me for the whole year.
Then I drove through town to Home Depot. I had never been that far down before. I was looking for shelving. I put on my mask but kept finding I had taken it off without thinking. I talked to a nice man who helped me choose wood in the form of a 4' by 4' sheet. He cut it into two pieces for me and put it in my cart. I walked around the store, enjoying being out of the house. Eventually I picked up some corner brackets and batteries for the CD player. I paid at the front, and put the wood pieces in the back seat of my car. I started the CD player, making sure it came through my car speakers. Then I started the drive home.
It was uneventful except for the winding roads, and my car not shifting up like it should have. It doesn't seem to do that on the straight parts. I got back to post a little before 5:30. I made a salad for supper and picked some dandelion to go in it. I ate the salad and was about to get some pork, when Chris came home with ingredients for barbeque sauce. So I listened to some audios on my laptop while he cooked it up. Then we each had some pork with sauce on it. Mmmmm. So good I ate more than I should have.
I made magnesium water. We watched two episodes of Lucifer. Chris got the wood out of my car. I got dressed for bed and sat down to write my blog post.

No comments: