Wednesday, August 19, 2020

First massage in Utah

I woke up when the first blast of the sprinklers hit the bedroom door windows. I wondered why Chris wasn't up yet, but when I reached over, the bed was empty. I stayed in bed until 7:30, then got up to start meditation morning. I boiled water for coffee, and turned on the stereo system in the den. I turned it up really loud so I could hear it all over the house. I wrote my blog post for yesterday but did not post it until later. I did the special lymph-moving exercises. I meditated and tapped. I cleaned a bathroom and the kitchen. I changed the water on the sweet potato. I threw out the coffee grounds and watered some of the grass.
I made pre-breakfast, then read outside for 20 minutes before taking a shower. Then I made and ate breakfast. I unplugged the ethernet cable from my laptop and connected it to the deskt top. I got on the desk top computer to e-mail a sewing file to my laptop. But it was working so slowly that it took me half an hour or more.
Then I got ready for my trip by filling a water bottle and putting an ice pack in the cooler in case I went grocery shopping. I left just after 1:30. I arrived at Melanie's Nutrition about 2:25. I met Nancy and we chatted for a little bit, then she left the room and I disrobed and got under the blanket. She returned and gave me a massage. It was not as good as the one in Huntsville, and she didn't give me a knee pillow, but I will ask for one next time. After I got dressed, I paid her and promised to call again. I chose a package of spirulina from a low shelf. I also wanted magnesium citrate, but they didn't have it. So I purchased the spirulina and went to the dentist, which was close by.
I called to tell them I was there. Then I walked around outside until they called to tell me to come in. They had me sign a covid form (for the third time) and wait. I went out to get my water bottle and take my midafternoon supplements. I got called back and was soon seated in a dental chair. I closed my eyes and breathed until the dentist showed up. He examined my teeth and said everything was fine, that the pain was just inflammation and would resolve in 2 weeks - or they could give me a cortizone shot. I said I could wait it out.
On the way out, I stopped by the bathroom before my hour drive home. When I got to the car, I found the box of CD's for the book, selected the next CD and exchanged it for the one in the player. The old one was still spinning! Had it been so all the while? Well, on the way back, after 4 tracks, it stopped playing. I rolled the batteries around a little and got one more track, then nothing. I tried playing the radio but did not get much, so eventually I shut it off. I arrived at the base in silence. I showed my ID to the guard, then went home.
I changed the batteries in the CD player. I put the water bottle away. I took the umbrella from my car and put it in the front hall. I started having leftovers for supper and reading e-mail. Chris came home. He told me it looked like rain so I'd better put up my windows. Leaving my windows down always brought rain in Alabama but not in Utah - until I took the umbrella out. Hmmm. Chris pointed out how the water in the glass with the sprouting sweet potato was cloudy again. He suggested that I plant it, so I did.
I took an epsom salt bath because the massage lady suggested it. I put on my nightgown and made a magnesium drink. Chris and I watched two episodes of Lucifer, bringing us into the 4th season. It is my least favorite season. Then I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.
* Check out the thermometer - over 100 degrees. *

No comments: