Wednesday, August 12, 2020

To sprinkle or not to sprinkle

I got up around 7:30. I checked the lawn to see if it was wet, and only the back yard was wet. So the morning sprinklers did not water the front lawn, which is looking a little yellow. I washed my coffee pot in anticipation of coffee morning. But it slipped a little in my hands and hit the side of the porcelain sink which put a crack in the pot. Grrr! I simmered coffee in it anyway.
I turned on the router so I could post to my blog for yesterday and check e-mail to see if Fire and Kettle fixed the cart problem on their website. They had not, and asked me to just e-mail them my order. I texted the Huntsville dentist to get some info on how she numbed my tooth (after 5 tries) so that my new dentist can get it done in one or two injections.
I swished twice, and did special exercises for moving lymph. I put music on the stereo on the den thinking I would hear it in the bedroom, but it was very faint, even though those rooms share a wall. I tried using a boombox stereo in the bedroom, but the packers had disconnected the speakers. I reattached them, but only one worked. Afterward, I watered the grass and threw out coffee grounds. I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms. I lost steam by the time I got to the kitchen, so it was more of a lick and a promise. By then it was 2pm. I made and ate breakfast and listened to an audio.
Johnnie and I came up with an idea for an outdoor sewing event. I walked to self-help and got a bag of grass seed, and the number for base operations. We had a nice discussion of what's available and for how long. Also, learned they have free veggies from the community garden. I walked by the pavilion to check out its suitability for sewing. The chain-link tables might be too bumpy for rotary cutting. I walked home. I called base operations and gave them my list of things to be done.
Then I jotted notes for my blog.
Chris came home at almost 6. He got out the pork and we both had some. Then I made a salad, but did not bother gathering dandelion. I ate the salad, some nuts, and some frozen blackberries while watching several short videos showing how small are the percentages of people infected with CoVid if you eliminate NY and NJ. Add all the red hot states together and they have fewer deaths than NY + NJ despite having four times the population. I talked to Chris about the sewing event. He said he would ask someone tomorrow to make sure it's ok.
I connected up the hose and watered the side yard and part of the front where it was yellowing. I came in about 8 and asked Chris to lift a vaccuum cleaner out of a wardrobe box. He did, and I found another piece of a CD rack in the box. I added it to the base and the rack finally stood up straight. I looked up a pic of the shelving system I had put together in Seoul. I was hoping to use it here, but it seems dependent on having a divided closet to add stability.
I made a magnesium drink and we watched two episodes of Lucifer. At 8:35 I heard the sprinklers come on. Sigh. I took a melatonin capsule between episodes. After the second show, I took the last supplements, and sat down to write to my blog.
* Half of the population could be immune to the C virus. *

No comments: