Sunday, August 30, 2020

Socializing at the garden

Chris gave me a reason to stay in bed late. So, I truncated my supplement schedule. I brushed and swished. I looked for gopher mounds and watered the dry spots in the lawn. I watched episodes of “Exhausted”, a summit about the causes and treatments of fatigue.
Around noon I made breakfast. At 1:30 I changed out of my clothes into a bathing suit. I laid in the doorway of the shed and read for half an hour. When I went back inside to put my clothes back on, they were gone. I washed off and pulled out clean clothes. After dressing, I looked for Chris. I flattened a box and took it to the recycling bin outside. I noticed the Chris' car was gone. I figured he went to work or to the commissary. Five minutes later he arrived with groceries and a Swansons box. I unpacked the box while Chris pulled out steak, prepared it, and put it in the oven. I read e-mail, and looked up articles for a Facebook response. Chris called his parents and we had a little chat.
Around 6 Chris informed me that supper was ready. He made me round steak with onions and garlic, and quinoa. I added a my quotidian handful of nuts. After eating that, I picked dandelion and made a salad. When supper was over, we walked to the community garden. Walking around, I took pictures just for my blog readers. Then two ladies arrived and started picking vegetables in a plot. We introduced ourselves and had a conversation. They gave us a zucchini, a yellow squash, and a white squash. Since it had been a while since they picked, the veggies were quite large. Chris helped them carry the produce back to their car. Then we walked back to our place.
It was almost time for our sprinklers to come on. Chris put on the second part of the DVD called “11th Hour”. Apparently it is a TV show with Patrick Stewart and these are episodes. But there was only one left, so then we watched an episode of Umbrella Academy. After that, we dressed the bed with clean sheets. Then I sat down to write down my day, and get ready for bed.
* If I use the word 'quotidian' every day, will it become a quotidian word?

No comments: