Friday, August 21, 2020

The grocery run

I woke up initially hearing the sprinklers hit the windows. There was no trumpet-playing at 6:30, but the hot flashes set in so it was hard to go back to sleep. I did not notice Chris getting up, but he was gone when I got up, and surprisingly, it was almost 8. I went to the kitchen for a protein and H2 drink. I checked e-mail and wrote one to my brother. I got dressed, took quercetin and zinc, then brushed and swished.
We made our weekly trip to Tooele. I brought a book on CD and we listened to part of disc 7. I also brought a snack. We went to the bank and then to Luckey's and got some groceries. Then we stopped at the vegetable stand. I got corn, tomatoes and a watermelon. I stood there for a long time waiting for the lady to finish with a man who wanted to order boxes of certain vegetables to be picked up on another day. After that, we went to Melanie's Nurtition where I bought 2 lbs of brazil nuts. They were a good deal compared to online prices. I wanted to sign up for her herb walk, but she said there were too many people for that to be allowed right now.
Then we went to Macey's. We got bone broth and coconut milk and sprouts. But they didn't have the Suja that Luckey's has. And finally we went home, listening to the rest of disc 7 and part of disc 8. Chris has a CD player in his car so there were no battery problems. We carried the food inside and put some in our fridge.
I laid outside in the sun, reading, for half an hour. Then I came in and made breakfast. I ate it while reading e-mail. I wrote a long answer to Kurt's e-mail. I parsed out two weeks worth of practitioner supplements. Then I invited Chris to unpack with me.
We moved boxes around in the garage and unpacked some, and designated others for donation. I thought I could get all the Christmas stuff in one box, but even two wasn't enough. I wished I could store them in the shed, but it gets really hot in there and since the sprinklers get it wet twice a day, it is humid as well. (Hmm - maybe I could turn it into a sauna...)
At 6:30 we stopped for supper. I made a salad with salad greens and some dandelion. I also ate a small bag of blueberries. Then I went outside to mow more of the lawn. I mowed until the battery ran down. Then I called Chris to take the battery inside and recharge it while I put the mower in the shed.
I made a magnesium drink and sipped it while watching out the window to see the moment when the sprinklers across the street stopped and ours turned on. It did not happen right at 8:35 like it usually does. But just as Chris was pulling up Lucifer, the moment came and I enjoyed it, then sat on the couch to watch the usual two episodes. Afterward, I recharged the Apollo, posted to my blog, and got ready for bed.

No comments: