Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Raising the bar

Hot flashes were a problem again during the night, or it might have been early morning. I stayed in bed until about 7:15. I got up to take the first supplements, and then brush and swish. My back was not in great shape and kept warning me. I unpacked some clothing from a box, but did not try on much of it. I went outside to check for gopher mounds and I was greatly relieved when there were none. I was in no shape to dig them up. Since it rained last night, I decided not to water anything.
I went through my e-mail, looking for things to unsubscribe from. Around 11, a man came to install a safety bar in the shower. I showed him the bathroom and the placement of the bar. Then another man arrived, quite tall. I left them alone and went back to my laptop. When they were done, the first man asked me to sign a piece of paper, and then they left.
I made breakfast and watched short funny videos. Chris came home for lunch. When he indicated he hadn't gone by the post office, I finished my breakfast and headed over. But then I remembered the mask requirement and I didn't have one with me, so I walked home again.
After Chris left, two men came to fix the light on the garage door opener. One man talked to me while the other took the unit apart and replaced the bulbs. But the light still didn't work, so they have to order a part and come back later. I put on a bathing suit and laid outside on a lawn chair. I read and I sweated. Then I came in to get cleaned up and dressed. I finished watching a video and read an article. I called Faye to see how she and Dad were doing.
I unpacked a large box of scraps into smaller boxes that would fit on small shelves in the sewing room and closet. I unpacked a glass pitcher and smoothed out a bunch of paper. I arranged some things on top of the kitchen cabinets because I have nowhere else to put them. I took some things from the garage to the shed.
William called, and talked about Patrick. I picked some dandelion and made a salad for supper, and had some beef to go with it. Then I put on shoes and went to post office. Of course the sprinklers were on, and I got a little wet on the way in. I picked up a package, and went out the back door instead. I found a new path that avoided the sprinklers. When I got back to the house, Chris opened the package. It was my new teapot!
I read articles for a while, then made a magnesium drink. I watched two episodes of the latest season of Lucifer with Chris. Afterward, I reprogrammed Apollo for sleep, then put the phone in airplane mode. Then I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: