Sunday, August 30, 2020

Bread vs Omelet?

We slept in a little. I did not hear the morning sprinklers and, come to think of it, I did not hear them last night either. I got up to start with supplements. I brushed, swished, and took a shower. I went outside to check for gopher mounds. There was one on the side that might be technically the neighbors yard. I left it alone because the dogs were out and I didn't want them to start barking on a Sunday morning. The grass on the other side of the house did not feel wet, so I watered it.
When I came in, Chris had turned on the router. So I sat at my laptop and tried to catch up on the tapping e-mails that are accruing for the month of August. I checked periodically for the link to the Huntsville church service, but it wasn't up yet. I made and ate breakfast. We called Michele and talked with her for some time. It was a very lovely chat, but nothing on the job front.
Then we worked on the cauliflower bread. Chris put the two packages of frozen riced cauliflower in a double boiler. I called up the instructions on my laptop. We separated 10 eggs and I put them in the mixer till stiff. We used cream of tartar even though I had planned to use lemon juice instead. I put in a few ingredients while Chris crushed garlic and melted butter. Then those went in too. Because the step after beating the egg whites started with the word 'add', I added the the next things to the egg whites, but I was supposed to reserve the egg whites for later, in divided doses. Oh well. It said to line a loaf pan with parchment paper, so I did, but then the batter would not all fit in, so we got out another pan and divided the batter in half. Chris pre-heated the oven and I put the pans in to bake.
I watched the service from our church in Huntsville. Then I watched a short video of a dr, in Ireland speaking out about the lies of the gov't. I took the bread from the oven and Chris cut out a slice. It was surprisingly bread-like in texture, but more crumbly, at least when hot. Chris thought it needed cheese. 'Need' is such a strong word, but there's no going wrong with cheese. I ate a piece with some steak, and then with some cheese. Yep.
I had hurt my back earlier in the day just picking up a picture and handing it to Chris. Don't ask me why that was just the wrong thing to do, but apparently it was. I thought a walk would help, so we went for a walk. Chris picked some juniper berries off the ground and peeled the outside off to reveal the seed inside. When we got back, he planted them in a pot.
I listened to part of an episode of Exhausted. Then I went out to the shed to read. I could not find the glasses I keep in the bag with the book. So I read without them, which was harder. When I came in, I told Chris that my glasses, which I had yesterday, were gone. We looked high and low for the glasses, but could not find them.
I put a cord holder on one of my masks and it held. We put away the 'bread' and the remaining riced cauliflower. There wasn't much left of the first loaf because it was so good. We watched two episodes of The Umbrella Academy. Since we started watching early, we finished early. We were not interrupted by the sprinklers so I don't know what happened to them. I programed the Apollo for sleep, then wrote my blog post.
* With 10 eggs and 3 cups of cauliflower, it could have been an omelet. *

No comments: