Thursday, August 6, 2020

The experiment

I woke up early, hearing the sprinklers come on. Then I remembered that the morning ones soak the back porch. I rolled out of bed and went out the back to rescue my project. Thankfully the cardboard was dry. I went back to bed and did not get up until after Chris left for work.
Since it was Wednesday, I chose to have a meditation morning, with tapping and coffee, and special exercises. I didn't clean much afterward because my vacuum is somewhere in the garage. I took a shower, and checked e-mail. I glued the cardboard pieces together with liquid glue because the spray glue did not work well. Then I laid outside and finished one book and started another. Then I came in and made a pile of smoothed out packing paper, which I folded up and stuck in a box. I took down some boxes to make more room. David came around 2. He had some wood for making the supports that I asked for. I had figured he'd cut them at home, but he didn't. So I unpacked a box of tools and handed him a saw. I found more saws (electric and hand) while he finished the job. Then he took all the paper and boxes from the front hallway and loaded them in his truck. Whew!
I made and ate breakfast while listening to a video that two PPE experts put out. They were not in favor of mandatory masking for all. They said the reason doctors and nurses can wear masks all day is because the air flow exchange is greater in a hospital than in your home plus the temp and humidity are monitored and controlled. They said no one should be required to wear a mask without proper instruction on how and when to wear and what kind of mask for the kind of task.
While I was listening, Faye called. She said she bought a new air conditioner for Dad, but was sweating the wait for the installer to call and make a date. Dad lost power for awhile during the storm. The commissary called to say that nothing I ordered the other day was available from Hill Air Force Base.
I parsed out vitamins for the next two weeks so that I could place an order for whatever was running out. I placed the cardboard shelf in the book case and put books on it. I was a little disappointed. I made a salad for supper, picking dandelion and leaves from the greens in pots out back. And then Chris came home. He called Becca at the beach and she passed him on to James. We talked to James, and Cecily, and Michele and Mike and Al. Then Chris had his supper while I flattened another stack of paper. At 8 we walked to the commissary and back to see how long it takes.
When we got back, we watched two episodes of Lucifer. Then I looked through my hard drive for more pics of Chris. It got really late. I e-mailed the ones I found, then wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* Not as sturdy as I thought. *
* From looking through my posts in Korea and Huntsville, there was a lot more stuff worthy of pics than here at Dugway. *

No comments: