Saturday, August 8, 2020

Meeting Brian

I woke up when Chris got out of bed, but I don't know when that was. He came back later to shower and dress. He kissed me before he left to take my car to the dealership. I got up to do the usual morning things. I read e-mail between supplements. Around 10 I went outside to mow the lawn. I discovered another mound had shown up. I got the bucket and scooped up the mound. That is when I noticed the grass was still wet. So I parked the mower, and tried leveling ground in other places. I went back in for the next round of supplements.
I came across the term 'sado-mask-ism' and 'faucism' in one of the articles I read. I read that N95 masks are for contaminated environments (the outbreath is not filtered) and surgical masks are for sterile environments (not designed to keep viruses out, just large droplets in).
Chris came back with my car, which now had a front license plate holder. Still no front license plate, though. Chris also had some groceries, including a pork roast, which he prepared and put in the oven. I made and ate breakfast.
Chris re-nailed the back of one of the book cases, which then went into the sewing room. We moved things around in the sewing room to make room for the cutting table. I found the cutting mat in the garage. We unpacked a few other boxes there, too.
We went to visit Brian and Johnnie. They showed us their RV - really big! Then Brian explained how he traps gophers. It's NOT a have-a-heart kind of trap. Johnnie uses the leaf blower to disperse the piles of dirt. Then they invited us inside for conversation and drinks.
When we got home, I mowed part of the lawn because the grass was now dry. It was exhausting and hot work. The ground was rough and the blade ran into something several times. Finally I'd had enough for one day and put it back in the garage.
The pork was cooked, though not falling apart. Chris put some in a dish for me. I ate it at my laptop and finished the corn and carrots and had some frozen berries. He put the pork back in the oven to cook longer.
I took things out of boxes in the garage and found places for them in the house. I found the water pitchers I was using with the Berkey. I flattened paper, made the magnesium drink, and flattened more paper.
Around 8:30, we watched two episodes of Lucifer. I reset the Apollo for sleep, then sat down to write about my day.
* Notice Chris' haircut *

No comments: