Monday, August 17, 2020

Almost back in business

I first woke up when the sprinklers started spattering water on the doors to the back patio. Before they were done, reveille was blasted over the loudspeakers. I am not sure if I dozed off or not before my alarm went off at 7:30. I got up to take the first supplements, then brush and swish. I took down the hangers that were holding up the shower curtain and replaced them with roller rings. I took a shower.
As I was getting dressed, my phone rang. A man from Housing wanted to come over to check the outlets and see the shower where a bar should be installed. Sure. So I finished getting dressed, made the bed, then went outside to check for mounds. I saw one in the side yard and noticed a spray of dirt. So I snuck over there, hoping to catch the little critter in action. He wasn't there, but the hole was still open. I ran the hose into the hole, having heard that they run toward the source of the water. But he didn't come out. I scooped up the dirt into a bucket and poured a little castor oil mix in the hole.
Then the housing man arrived. He was one of the tallest people I have ever met. He quickly deduced that the outside outlets were tripped, and he reset them at the breaker box. Then he looked at the shower with the suction bar I had put up. He said he could order something and have it installed in a week.
After he left, I finished demolishing the gopher mound and spread the dirt in other holes. I found another mound in the side yard on the other side of the house. Again, the hole was still open. I put castor oil mix in it and removed the excess dirt, again spreading it in low places. The yard surface is very uneven, probably because of burrowing rodents. I don't think the gophers are alone because there are open holes with no dirt around them. But they all get castor oil mix.
I came inside and took the next supplements. I called the dentist office about the pain under my ear. They weren't too concerned but said I could come in Wednesday at 4. I turned on the router and jotted notes for my blog.
I decided to try my laser on the sore spot, and went looking for it. But I got side-tracked flattening paper and boxes. At 10:30 I sat at my laptop with a cup of water and vitamin C. I took 1 gram every 6 minutes for an hour. I found a thermometer and took my temp. It was 97.? which is normal for me. I got on the website for a massage team that works at Melanie's Nutrition and I booked a massage for the time slot before the dentist. Might as well have something to look forward to after an hour of driving.
I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I asked him to move a box so I could get to the tub under it. But when he did, the tub was empty. So I opened the box under the tub and there were bags of stuff from my sewing table, including masks and stuff to make masks. I sent a message to Cherry who had asked for masks. Then I put on my bathing suit and laid out in the sun and read a book. Afterward, I redressed and got back on my laptop. Cherry ordered 15 masks. I pulled fabric and took pics so she could see the options.
I unpacked pictures and mirrors so Chris' co-worker could have the boxes. I found a broken picture and took a photo of it and the box it came in. I put a chair and my favorite sewing machine in the sewing room. I thought I was back in business, but when I set up the machine, the thread guide was broken off in small pieces. I don't think it is a replaceable part. Sigh. Chris came home from work while I was eating supper. His co-worker came minutes later for boxes. He did not take but a small fraction of them. So I sent a message to the man who picked up boxes before. Chris cooked a package of mushrooms for me. I checked e-mail. The man responded that he could come back tomorrow to get the rest. Chris tried to glue the thread guide back together, but the pieces were so small that the PVC glue wasn't holding. He also glued the magnetic door stop for one of the cabinets. I cut off a piece of wood to support one corner of my cutting table so I could shove the tub of batting under it.
I made a cup of magnesium water while Chris finished up his game (though he never really finishes). Then we watched two episodes of Lucifer. Afterward, Chris went back to his game and I wrote down the events of the day. And then it was time for bed.

No comments: