Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Shelves and kites

I got up around 7:30. I brushed and swished. I washed up and got dressed. I sprayed the newest gopher holes with castor oil mix. I scooped up the extra dirt and used it to fill old holes. I raked the rest flat and fluffed up the grass.
I went into the garage and found the plastic pieces to the saw horses. I assembled the saw horses, then got the smaller piece of plywood from yesterday and drew 11 inch segments with my quilting ruler. I didn't find goggles, so I wore my computer glasses. I used the jigsaw to cut on the lines. My cuts were not as straight as I hoped. I cut off two shelves and put them in the living room bookcase. I put glue on my thumb to pull out tiny splinters. I filled the shelves with language books, then realized the book case was not in it's final position (which has other stuff in it right now).
I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch and I asked him to move a box for me. I laid out in the sun, reading, for 30 minutes. I read some e-mail and unpacked more books and quilting mags, mostly in the den. I moved smaller boxes around in the sewing room, but couldn't lift the heavier boxes which were on my table. I finished looking through old pictures and put them all back in the box. I cut two more shelves, and this time used quilting gloves to prevent more splinters. One went in the living room and the other went int the den.
The doorbell rang and it was a man from Housing. He said a man was coming to fix the RF. (Say what?) I found out that the smart meter has an antenna on it and the antenna wasn't communicating with the tower. The man needed a step stool, so I lent him one. I checked e-mail while he reoriented the antenna and then returned the steps. We had a nice chat about housing stuff.
The cardboard shelves I made did not work well in a 26.5 inch bookcase, so I cut them down with the jigaw (so much easier than using scissors), to 18.5 and put them in the entertainment center to hold CD's and the Playstation. No bowing at all!
It was after 5 when I stopped for supper. I picked dandelion and made a salad. I had some pork with sauce. Then I wanted frozen berries but we were all out. So I drove to the commissary. They didn't have any organic berries so I settled for the regular. I chatted with the clerks about masks. On the way home, I stopped at the post office and picked up a package.
When I got home, I noticed it was windy. So I got out my kite and tried to fly it in the back yard. The wind was so gusty that the kite swooped around like mad, then dove into the ground, over and over. I moved to the side yard, which was a little better, but not much. I put the kite away and waited in the back yard for the sprinklers to come on. I wanted to see if a certain patch of weeds was being watered. But they never came on. I wondered if something was broken, or if the water was diverted elsewhere.
I made a magnesium drink, and took melatonin. We watched two episodes of Lucifer. I fell asleep on the couch, so afterward I just went to bed.

No comments: