Friday, March 4, 2022

Calories are not created equal

Thursday

I woke up with my left ear ringing loudly. I told Chris I would do anything if he would plug his laptop into the modem so we could shut down the router.

I was excited at the thought of eating today. I wrote a check to the church in Huntsville. I took some detox supplements. I finished some tapping videos from Day 3. I listened to Ben Greenfield's interview on calories:

We don't extract all the calories from our food. In 1800' a scientist fed people certain foods and burned that amount and compared it with calories left in their poop. Protein content listed on labels is based on a flawed algorithm. The fiber in a food throws off the calorie count as well. Burning ingredients singly as opposed to in combination, will give a different result. We only absorb about 70% of protein calories. 30% is given off as heat. When we mix fat and carbs together, we have no idea how many calories we will absorb. There are downsides to combining fat with carbs. Humans should eat 15% protein, and increase fiber to 30g. Ben drinks a chia slurry for satiety plus pumpkin puree, and seamoss gel. One of his products, Kion Sleep, has gaba, tryptophan, and l-theanine.

Take electrolytes and sweat it out.

The electricity blipped and the internet went out. When my audio quit playing, I called Chris to ask what was up. But I could not get him at either his work or his personal number. I worked on my blog post until the internet was back up.

Chris came home at 11:30 for lunch he said masking was lifted. (That would have been nice before the town hall). He brought me a package which contained a phone case. There were no instructions, but he figured out how to take it apart to get my new phone inside. I am still using my old phone until 3g goes down.

I listened to the Highwire: They talked about the suppression of ivermectin. CDC changed the milestones for child development, relaxing them, which will hide the amount of delay children experienced during the last two years. A study from Sweden showed BNT 162b2 mRNA was transcribed into DNA in liver cells in 6 hours. It was a sunny warmish day, so I went outside to dig up gopher holes and put poison in them. I walked to the post office without a mask, but found out that they are not covered by the same mask policy. I read more e-mail, then drove over to the school to walk with Jenni. Afterward, I followed her into her house for a chat. Then I drove to the commissary and realized I had no payment options. I went home for my credit card and back to the commissary for big bags of flour, prompted by predictions of shortages in fertilizer and wheat due to the war in Ukraine. I went to the library to check out the next season of BBT and return a season of Columbo. Melissa wasn't there but I chatted with Patrick the librarian. When I got home, I read articles, then turned to the Day 4 tapping videos. Chris came home from mass with a pizza. After two tapping videos, I posted to my blog, then made tea. We watched four episodes of BBT, starting a new season. Chris went to bed. I shut down the router, put everything to sleep, then got ready for bed. It was the earliest I went to bed in a long time.

No comments: