Tuesday, March 15, 2022

We got taken to the cleaners

Monday

I did the usual morning stuff. I read from the book. I drank vitamin C water while watching Endgame: our economy is addicted to stimulus, it will take more and more stimulus to have the same effect.

I went to the swap shop at 10 and started sweeping the floor. Jamie showed up to help. Then I got a call from a man who wanted his bathroom cleaned. So Jamie and I went over there to give him a quote. It was small but full of soap scum and hard water rings. We quoted him $60. The rest of his tiny apartment had passed inspection. We said we could do it by Wednesday so he could have his final inspection then. We went back to the swap shop and met Michelle who came to help. Jamie went home to get stuff to spray the hard water stains with. Michelle and I talked and picked up stuff. But then the man called back and said he wanted to sign the apt over to us in 15 minutes. Sigh. I went over to Housing and scheduled an inspection for Wed for the previous apartment. Then Housing gave me a cleaning contract and I filled it out. The man paid me the $60 I quoted him. But after he left, I wished I had charged extra for the signing, because now we are responsible for everything and the rest of the apartment isn't very clean.

I went back to the swap shop and cleaned the floors. Jamie vacuumed and I mopped. We left about 1. I made breakfast and read e-mail. At 3:30 I went walking with Diane and Jenni. Michelle came along as well. We had quite the chat.

Then Diane had to go back to work, but the rest of us continued to talk. Michelle said she could get me a commercial hard water cleaner. Yes! Then I went home to call Jamie. She was at the new apartment. I went over there to help clean. We were kind of in each others way because the bathroom was so small.

She had to go do something for her family. I stayed to work on the shower. It was frustrating so I took breaks to run the carpet cleaner. It took a lot of scrubbing to get the stains out. I left about 6:30.

I went home for supper. I read e-mail and washed the shower curtain that was left behind. I posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched a DVD called A Touch of Mink with Carey Grant. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to read.

No comments: