Sunday, March 20, 2022

What 'hand'some mittens!

Saturday

Finally around 6:30, I needed more than a towel, so Chris got out the backboard and raised me from the bed. I headed (slowly) straight to the bathroom. Then there was no point in going back to bed. So Chris set me up in the green chair with the Chillow. He made tea and I drank that while jotting notes for my blog.

I read some e-mail. I was so tired that I looked for ways to lie down that didn't hurt. I tried laying forward but that wasn't quite right. I did an internet search. A Bob and Brad video suggested rolling up a towel and tying it around my waist, then lying on my side. So I tried that. That was acceptable until I had to pee. Then Chris got the backboard and levered me up. Afterward, he helped me take a shower.

I made and ate breakfast. By 1:30 I had put together the stuff needed for the mitten class. Chris put them in his car and drove me to the chapel. I had a little trouble sitting in the car but not too bad. As we drove up, the lady from the commissary was there with her machine. She was early, but I got her started on today's mitten project.

At 2, Saronna came with her two girls. One made mittens while the other made slippers. Their 3 yo brother cut up some fabric from the cardigan we were using for mitten material. By placing the mitten pattern along the edge, we were able to get ribbed cuffs. Kem swept up when she was done, catching the pins and strings and such. They all left about the same time. I called Chris and he picked up my stuff and me, too.

When I got home, I helped Chris fold laundry. Then I took a walk and picked up litter. I read e-mail, and then had leftovers for supper. I listened to the next episode of Covid Revealed. A lot of it was covered yesterday. I dozed on and off. I posted to my blog for yesterday. I watched a 15 minute video made by a man who flew to Ukraine to see for himself what was going on. He could not find signs of actual war, just places set up like movie sets, with photographers posing people for the proper shots. Hotels were full of media, not refugees. After dark, air sirens could be heard, but never any bomb blasts.

I made tea and we watched BBT. We made the bed with clean sheets, then retired for the evening.

No comments: