Sunday, July 24, 2022

A busy cleaning day

Saturday

I got up at 8:30. I watered all my plants. When I watered the irises, it chased out gophers and mice. I killed one of the gophers. I talked to Chris about my phone locking out unwanted touching. He said to look it up, but I couldn't remember the exact terms.

I went to the garden. Jamie showed up and gave me money for helping her clean the Mustang Road house. I spread cat litter where gopher mounds were. After watering and fertilizing, I went to the company house. I cleaned mirrors, and the rest of the whole house fan. The box in the ceiling above it was still dirty, but I couldn't get to it. I finished up the bathrooms, mopped and put the little rugs back. I dressed the beds, put the comforter stuffing back in it's case, and folded the extra sheets.

I went home about 12:30. Chris gave me a massage. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail and watched mouse trap videos. I folded my laundry. Casey came by with two jars of goat milk. I read some e-mail, then went to the company house to finish up. I set the mousetraps and placed them around the kitchen. I dry-mopped the floors and wet-mopped here and there. Then I went home.

Chris had cooked me mushrooms so I ate them first. I also drank at least half of my tea with ice in it. He told me how hurt he was that I didn't fold his laundry at the same time.

Then I put on my bathing suit and met Diane at the gym. It was closed and she didn't want to walk outside. So I suggested we go into the pool area, and through the bathroom to get to the gym proper. And that's what we did. We walked the track for almost half an hour, talking, then stood near the front desk, and talked. She hugged me before she left because she is going away for 6 weeks.

I went to the pool. Heather was there, so we had some conversation. I swam laps crosswise. Then I saw Emily and her husband. I chatted with them, too. I started thinking it must be time to get out. But the life guard said her watch wasn't working. I got out anyway, and saw that it was 8:20. Then I dried off and went home. I told Chris some of what I had heard at the pool. Then I changed into dry clothes. I put on tea and worked on my blog. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. We dressed the bed with clean sheets. I read e-mail, trying to catch up. Then I went to bed.

No comments: