Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Inspection and quote

Monday

I watered the plants at home. I dug up a couple of mounds and poured in soapy water. I went to the garden to water and fertilize veggies and pull weeds. I found new potatoes coming up where I didn't remember planting them.

I made an invoice for June for cleaning the company house. I sent it off. I collected dried mint leaves from the back porch. A man called me to get a quote for cleaning.

I addressed a few more gopher holes, putting in extra effort because the CSM wrote a letter to residents asking them to pay more attention to the holes. I don't think she realizes just how big a job it is. I washed several gallons of dirt into the biggest tunnel, and it still wasn't full.

I started making breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I watched a video: Dr. Cole said there is a link between immune response and ability to fight cancer. Coronaviruses are not amenable to vaccines because of the mutation rate.

At 1 I went to an inspection at the Mustang Road house. I brought a damp rag. Jamie was in charge because she signed for the house. She had cleaning supplies still in the house. I had not done a walk-thru but I saw dirty window tracks. But she was dinged for the toilets, which she then cleaned. They mentioned stickiness on the rangehood so I wiped it really hard. They found more stuff under the fridge. Someone tipped it back so Jamie could sweep out from under it. But she told me she thought it went well. Hmmm. One of the inspectors asked who cleaned the colonel's oven. I raised my hand. He asked what I used, I told him and then he said only a special ceramic cleaner should be used.

I went home, and had few minuted to read e-mail, then went to the apartment building to give a quote. Jamie had gone to the wrong building so she was late. I had already looked around. So then Jamie did her rounds. We conferred in the hall, then quoted the lady $400, which seemed like a lot for a two room apartment.

After the quote, I went home for walking shoes, then met the ladies at the gym. We walked for over half an hour. Terri and Diane left. I talked to Michelle in the parking lot until 5:30 or so. Strong winds blew in and I started calling for Toto. Ha. We split up and went home.

I ate steak, and salad that contained home-grown lettuce. I went to the library to return a book, and DVD. I got another DVD, talked to Melissa until 7, then went home. I worked on e-mail, comparing supplements. It started raining. I posted to my blog, then made tea. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. Afterward, I listened to videos while looking at Telegram messages, then went to bed.

No comments: