Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Pool Party

Monday

I got up about 8. I brushed and swished, then watered all the plants, indoors and out. I also planted two more garlic sprouts. I pushed over gopher mounds and spread cat litter. I went to feed the cats. Willow disappeared after I put out the food. I couldn't find her anywhere. So I just played with Belfast. Then I went to the garden. I did a lot of fertilizing. I took out the mass of weeds in the bucket and replaced them with fresh tumbleweed. I also fed the peonies and roses.

Back at home, I washed the utensils from cheese-making, as well as some breakfast dishes. I started reading e-mail.

Chris warmed up the pulled pork and the barbecue sauce. He put beer in a cooler. We took it to the pool. Food was on a table and they were beginning to cook hamburgers and hotdogs. I sat in the shade, not wanting to burn in the midday sun. Jenni joined me as did Michelle. We chatted and ate. Other people showed up. Our husbands joined us. It was around 2:30 when we left, promising to meet back at 7 when the sun was not so hot.

I read e-mail. I laid down for awhile. I picked dandelion and plantain, washed it, and laid it out to dry on the back porch. I picked and ate some lettuce from my tower garden. I worked on my blog.

Just before 7, I put on my suit and headed for the pool. I stopped at the chapel to get two hymn books for tomorrow. I noticed that the sanctuary lights were on. I could not find any way to turn them off. I went to the pool and cornered Jenni since she was the last one there on Sunday. She said the pastor had turned them on and she told me where the switches were. Michele and Heather joined us. We did water aerobics for longer than usual. So I asked the lifeguard what time it was and she said 8:01. So we all got out of the pool, dried off, and went home. Actually, I went by the chapel and turned the lights off, then went home.

I posted to my blog and made tea. Since I hadn't eaten 'breakfast', there was no tea so I heated water and used a tea bag. We watched 1.5 episodes of Umbrella Academy. We stopped early because I got a text from Michelle saying her husband had bought fireworks and they were ready to light them. So I drove to the firestation, which was where anyone on base could legally shoot off fireworks tonight. Others were ahead of us in lighting theirs, so I parked and chatted with Michelle. Then Casey lit his. They went really high, made a bang, and little parachutes floated to the ground. Michelle was disappointed that he hadn't gotten the umbrella kind. Diane and Jenni brought sparklers. We had fun trying to light them in the breeze. But it was worth it. Then some guys brought the big ones that exploded into an umbrella of color. A few minutes later and he concluded that his $200 was well spent. Sheesh! I didn't realize they were so expensive. I gave Michelle a ride home.

As I passed the chapel, around 11, it seemed like the altar lights were on. I went inside and tried to find a way to turn them off, with no luck. When I got home, I put the empty goat milk jars outside as Michelle requested. I told Chris about the lights and he said there are spot lights that stay on all the time. I wasn't sure that that was all that was on, but I dismissed the subject.

I read e-mail for awhile, then followed Chris to bed.

No comments: