Monday, July 4, 2022

Cleaning the chapel

Saturday

I got up around 8. I brushed. I watered plants. I swished. I went to feed the cats. I flushed all the toilets and ran the faucets to refill the plumbing traps. I went to the garden. Mindy was there, but I did not talk to her. I watered my plants plus the roses and the peonies.

When I got home, I planted sweet potato slips that had rooted in a cup. I hunted up all my leftover tampons. There is a shortage here and a neighbor needs some. I asked Chris for a massage, then we showered.

I got dressed, then made and ate breakfast. I looked high and low for the Heat-n-bond that I bought yesterday. Then I discovered that I already had two packages. I chose the open one. I looked high and low for my bag of patriotic fabrics. But I never found it. I had to pick yardage from my collection. It was the right colors if not actual patriotic in theme.

Chris put my sewing machines in my trunk. We went to the chapel and he carried them in, then left. I unloaded my bags of supplies. I started making a pinwheel. Jenni arrived. I helped her make a pinwheel. No actual sewing was required. We chatted for awhile, then she organized in the fellowship hall while I cleaned the front doors and windows. I also pulled some weeds. We checked all over the chapel for choir music, but only found a few Christmas and Easter contada books.

We packed up and went home. Chris was talking to Michele. I talked to Michele for a bit. Chris found my Aires Tech in the wash. Sigh. I called Faye about choir music that Dad had. I listened to a Dr. Berg video on losing fat. One suggestion was sleep: take vit D + K2 + nutritional yeast before bed, 1T ACV,

I made banana oatmeal cookies. While they were baking, I watched gardening videos. Then I put on my suit and went to the pool. Jenni and Courtney were there. I jumped in and Jenni led us in water aerobics. Then I swam some laps. This lifeguard did not ask us to leave early. In fact, I swam until I was ready to stop. We dried off and went home.

I tried one of the cookies. It was a bit dry. I put a wet paper towel over them. I changed out of my wet suit. I made a salad and ate it while reading Telegram messages. Then I wrote my blog post. I made tea and we watched four episodes of Cheers. We made the bed with fresh sheets. Then I read e-mail until almost midnight.

No comments: