Monday, July 11, 2022

The last cat sitting

Sunday

I texted the new chaplain's wife. Chris says they are coming to base today. I brushed and swished, then watered all my plants. I went up the hill to feed the cats, refresh their water, and drymop the floors, and wipe the counter tops. Then I went to the garden to check on those plants. I changed the watering schedule on the timer from 12 hours to 8 hours.

When I got home, I worked on gopher mounds. I took a bar of Irish Spring and shaved it into the holes, added cat litter, and watered thoroughly. When I came inside, I whipped up cheese sticks with a sampling of spices that Mickie gave me last Sunday. For good measure, I also made a batch of muffins.

I made and ate breakfast, then got ready for church. I packed some cheese squares in a container, grabbed my trombone and headed out. When I got there, Sebastian was at the piano and Pastor Chris was getting ready. Sgt King was there, too, setting up.

Other people trickled in. Finally I whispered to Pastor Chris was everyone was here. He said an opening prayer, and I stood up with my trombone. I announced the hymns, and nodded to Sebastian, then we played them. It went well.

Then Pastor Chris said we'd start out with communion after a few words. Well, it took him the whole service to say 'a few words' about communion. So after we lined up to get a piece of matso and a cup of juice, we had two minutes of silence, then he prayed and we sang the last song. I thanked him for coming especially since we might not see him again.

I went home and ate a banana and a grapefruit. I read e-mail. Then I filled a water bottle and went to the gym. I met Diane and Jenni. We worked out, then went in the sauna. Jenni and I had a nice chat. Then we got out and toweled off. We talked to Jud about the MWR trips that no one takes (because they don't know about them?)

I went home and read e-mail. I ate slices of cucumber with goat cheese. The muffins were great with goat cheese! Then Chris and I went up the hill. The colonel and his family were back. She talked to me and Chris talked to him. She wrote a check for cat care. I gave him his mended pants, but he found a place I had missed so I took them back. Michelle started texting me on the way home. Casey was waiting with a bag of used cat litter.

I tried to finish my blog in between texts from Michelle. I made tea and we watched 4 episodes of Cheers. I read the interlibrary loan book until almost midnight. It is due on Tuesday.

No comments: