Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Dead timer

Tuesday

I got up about 7:30. After the usual ablutions, I sliced up grapefruit rind for the garden. I added to the compost. I put the colonel's mask on my laptop so I won't forget to replace the elastic later. I jotted notes while listening to James Corbett. I put the new net jacket on the tower garden.

I went to my garden, but the timer battery was dead and I could not get water out. So I went to the Mustang Run house to clean. I called Jamie, then started on the walls in the living room. I got multiple long texts from Jenni's friend Sue. Finally I responded that I was on the clock and would read her e-mails later. When Jamie showed up, she let me vent about Sue blaming Jenni for all her problems. Then she worked outside while I worked inside.

At noon I went home to make breakfast. Michelle stopped by to give back the cone and thread stand that I lent her. I gave her a muffin with goat cheese on it. She tasted it and described the effect. She liked the spices that Mickie gave me.

I read e-mail while I ate. I sprinkled cayenne on some cheese squares and ate them. But somehow, all of a sudden, I had cayenne in my left eye! Oh that hurt! I tried washing it off and wiping it off. I dunked my eye in a bowl of water. Finally it was tolerable, but the burning continued.

I took my trombone over to Saronna's house. We looked at a baby bird in their back yard. I played with Saronna and Sebastian. I went to the gym to walk. I talked to Mickie, thanking her for the spices. Then I walked with the four ladies.

Afterwards, I went home to hydrate. I also had a bite to eat. Chris came home for supper. I went to the garden with new batteries for the timer. I used gallon jugs to water the potatoes. It was threatening to rain.

On the way back, I went to the post office for the mail. Then I went home to get the ill books that are due today. I went to the library, dropping off the one book I read. He said to bring the other one back tomorrow so Melissa could call the lending library to see if it could be renewed.

When I got home, I finished the colonel's pants, and put new elastic on his mask. It was good to have that out of the way after staring at them for a month. I picked dried mint and dandelion leaves from the netting on the back porch, and sorted them into baggies. Michelle dropped by to give me a bag of cat litter and asked me to look in on her cat while she's gone. I finished collecting the dried leaves, then cut an onion stalk. I sliced it up, and put some in the netting outside to dry, as an experiment. I tried eating what was left, but they were tough. I guess I should have cut a younger one.

I jotted notes for my blog, and posted for yesterday. I made tea, and practiced my trombone. I figured out more chords for the piece that doesn't have a piano part. We watched four episodes of Cheers. Later I read from the book that needs renewing. Then I read e-mail until almost midnight and went to bed.

No comments: