Sunday, July 17, 2022

More chatting than sewing

Saturday

My back hurt all night. It was hard to sleep. When I struggled to get up at 7:15, my right arm hurt again. I was hoping swimming had helped that, but no, it came back.

I watered the plants and fertilized them from the white bucket on the back porch. When I watered the tower garden, a rodent climbed out. It seemed to be a gopher but it was gone pretty quickly. I refilled the gallon jugs. I poured soapy water down several gopher holes in the front yard.

I went to the garden. I watered and noticed a leak in my irrigation system. Sigh. I aimed it downward. I pulled weeds and threw tumbleweeds over the fence. I collected some mint for drying. Then I went to the Mustang Run house. The garage was open so I walked in. I looked around and collected all the cleaning items that belong to me. I also took my step stool. When I left, I closed the garage door.

I went home. I spread some grapefruit peel in the pockets of the tower garden. I read e-mail. One doctor said its hard for the vaccine to save one child when there isn't one to save, meaning children are not at risk of dying from covid so how could a vaccine reduce that risk? Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. While he took a shower, I made breakfast. After eating, I got my sewing materials together. We went to the chapel, and Chris carried in my machines. While I was setting them up, the chaplain came by to explain that his wife wasn't feeling up to it. They left and Terri came with her knitting. As we chatted, Tonja came. We chatted for over 2 hours, and then they helped me pack up and go home. No one did the project.

When I got home, Chris brought in the sewing machines. He sat in a chair on the front porch. I gave Chris a haircut, but my eyesight was blurry due to the angle of the sun. I ate steak for supper, plus a salad from my tower garden. I jotted notes for my blog.

At 7 I went to the pool. I swam around while talking to Emily and her husband, and then to Heather. Suddenly it was 7:55 and time to get out. I toweled off. Her husband spoke to me about visiting Riley's u-pick next week or so.

I came home and changed into dry clothes. I put some berries in a dish. We watched four episodes of Gomer Pyle. Then we dressed the bed with clean sheets. I read my book until I could not stay awake, then went to bed.

No comments: