Saturday, July 23, 2022

The Luncheon

Thursday

I don't remember when I got up. I brushed and swished, then watered all the plants. I planted the current crop of sprouted garlic and flattened mounds. I killed one or two gophers with water and the hose. Then I went to the garden. The kids from the child care center were in the plot next to mine, pulling weeds. I spoke to them briefly. I watered the potato plant for Mrs. Pace and my garden plants. I pulled some weeds, and took a pic of potato flowers.

When I got home, I picked plaintain leaves for drying. I made a modified breakfast and ate it, then went to Michelle's house with muffins. She was having a luncheon for the chaplain's wife, but she was still in the hospital. I talked to Michelle in the kitchen, then we came out and spoke with other people: Saronna, Heather, Jordan, Mauvette, Mandy, Tiffany, etc. Jedediah was fussy but would not let anyone other than his mother hold him.

I left my muffins with Michelle. She gave me croissants, and peppers. I went home. Faye called to see if I wanted some family history books written by our cousin. I ate fruit and watched The HighWire. Chris called to say there would be a power outage at 5, but it shouldn't affect us.

At 3:30, I put on my shoes and joined the ladies at the gym for a walk. Afterward, Terri and I went to the swap shop to move a shelving unit. She got to look around, then we went home.

I listened to more of The Highwire and ate. Then the power went out. So I went outside to rake and mow. I stopped when the battery ran down. Chris was reading on the back porch. I picked salad greens, then sat near him and read my own book.

When the power came back on, I washed the greens and made a salad. As I ate, I got texts from Michelle. I posted to my blog, and made tea. We started watching Gomer Pyle, and Michelle came by with a bag of cat litter. We started talking on the front porch and she came in to ask Chris a question and then after more conversation suddenly it was almost midnight. She would not let us give her a ride home. Off she walked, and we went to bed.

No comments: