Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Meeting the new family

Monday

I started a loaf of bread for Chris. I watered all the plants, then went to the garden. Afterward, I went to clean at a house on Mustang Run. I started on the fridge. Jamie arrived later. We worked on the stove. I cleaned the cabinets, walls, baseboards, and dishwasher while she scrubbed the tub and toilets. Then I started in the utility room. I got texts from Michelle and Chris about the chaplain's wife going to the ER.

When I got home around 3, I was exhausted. There was chicken in the oven and rice in the rice cooker. I made breakfast and ate part of it, then went walking with the ladies. We chatted about the events of today.

When I got home, Chris was taking food out of the oven. I helped him make a salad. We took the food to the hotel where the chaplain and his wife and three kids were staying. We chatted with them, then left so they could eat.

I read Telegram messages for awhile, then put on my bathing suit. I went to the pool for Jenni's last water aerobics class. But Jenni wasn't there so I swam laps. She showed up about half an hour later. But all we did was talk; her and Heather and I. Then the lifeguard called time and we got out, and toweled off. I was surprised that I felt better after swimming, rather than more tired. I went into the gym to tell Mickie how much I enjoyed the spices she gave me. But Tiffany said she left earlier.

I went home. I changed into dry clothes and worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched Cheers till 10:30. I read e-mail while listening to videos until late, then went to bed.

No comments: