Friday, July 29, 2022

Finding an alternate at the swap shop

Thursday

I got up at 7:30. I watered all the plants at home, then went to the garden. The timer was dead so I came back for batteries and a spoon. I replaced the old batteries, then tested the old ones. Inexplicably they tested fine.

I watered gopher holes. One popped up and I killed it and threw it across the street. I reported to Mindy that the irrigation system in plot 15 was leaking. I texted with Michelle about finding someone to mind the swap shop this afternoon. I searched for a piece of paper with names on it of two ladies who volunteered over a year ago. No luck, but I did find a check to the church that I forgot to mail in June!

I checked e-mail, refilled the 'push' combos, and made breakfast. I watched The Highwire: Dosing of Paxlovid is too complicated to allow pharmacists to prescribe it when people request it. It interacts badly with 75 other medications.

I went walking with Terri at the gym. I went by the post office to unlock the swap shop. Then I went to the latest house and cleaned for an hour in the kitchen - so much stuff left behind. Half of it was trash.

I went home to get more cleaning supplies, and to hydrate. I read some e-mail, then went back to the house and cleaned for an hour and 15 minutes: I vacuumed all the rooms and worked on the grease on the stove hood. In my head I finished writing lyrics to the Gomer Pyle theme song.

When I got home, I picked lettuce and made a salad. I ate it while watching Facts Matter. Chris came home with a pizza. I worked on my blog, then made tea. It was 9 by the time we sat down to watch four episodes of Cheers. Chris kept pausing it to make passes at me.

Afterward, I read e-mail until after 11:30, then went to bed.

No comments: