Saturday, July 23, 2022

The long chat

Friday

We slept in late. I got up at 8:30, brushed and swished, then watered the plants. I noticed that the cactus had bloomed. Chris was surprised. I went to the garden. I spread bird netting over a tomato cage for the peas to climb on. I noted gopher mounds in the garden. Grrr!

I went to the company house. I found all the sheets and towels mounded on the washing machine, including one of the comforters (duvet?). And the AC was going full blast which made the louvers in the ceiling open up, showing a lot of dirt. There were also 4 mouse traps and a jar of peanut butter on the counter. I got the washing machine going, then took the inside of the comforter home to lay out in the sun. I made breakfast and ate the first part, then went to the company house to throw more wash in the dryer. Then we went to the post office and then shopping in Tooele. We stopped at all the usual places. I paid cash at Melanie's (for Cash Friday), then noted that my stash was getting low.

On the way home, it looked like it was raining in Dugway. When we got there, I brought the inner comforter inside. I put it in the dryer to fluff. I went to the house and moved the load in the washer to the dryer. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and took out the trash. I wiped some of the louver blades on the whole house fan unit.

I put on my walking shoes and went to the school. Diane and Michelle met me there. Then Terri showed up just after we got started. The four of us walked a mile or so. The other ladies left.

I went home to change into my suit. I went to the pool and met Michelle there. We swam and talked. I told her the hard truth that Chris told me. We got out so she could show me the texts she sent to the colonel's wife. We ended up talking outside the gym for over an hour. I went home at 9:30, ate a pear, and read some e-mail. We watched the rest of the interrupted episode of Gomer Pyle. I worked on my blog, and tried to catch up on e-mail.

No comments: