Saturday, July 16, 2022

The cat and the haircut

Friday

I heard Chris' alarm go off, and then mine did, so I knew it was 7:30. I was surprised he set his so late. It was raining! That made it look earlier than it was. I brushed, swished, and took a shower. Chris went to the office. I watered the inside plants and read e-mail. I flattened a mound and poured soapy water in the tunnel. My wrist still hurt from yesterday so I tried to use it the least amount possible.

I read e-mail then made and ate breakfast. Chris came home and said he would be ready to leave after lunch. I finished breakfast, then went to Michelle's house to check on her cat. I saw the water, but had to search for the food. Then another search for the litter box. There was plenty of everything. If I had seen a scooper, I would have raked the litter. I spent some time with the cat, who was mewling constantly. Poor thing.

When I got home, I filled a bottle with tea and put ice in the cooler. We went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. When we got to Luckey's, Chris helped me get to the Great Clips website and enter my name. Then we shopped for the usual. While Chris checked out, I walked to Melanies for a few things, and then to Joanns to pick up the chalkboard fabric that I ordered last night. Then we went to Macey's. While he shopped there, I walked to Great Clips and got a hair cut. The stylist was very personable. I tipped her $3 but should have been more. We both agreed that all the gray hair on the floor must have been from the cat.

Chris and I went home, again listening to the book on CD. It was better than the jacket indicated. We did not stop at the post office because Chris had been there earlier. When we got home, Chris put away the food while I laid down. Listening while riding in the car makes me sleepy.

I flattened another gopher mound, and picked some lettuce from my tower garden. Adding greens from the grocery store, I made a salad. Chris put steaks in the oven and mushrooms in a fry pan. I finished off the last of the spicy avocado dip. When the steaks were done, I ate one, then watched the Larry Elder show.

I put on my suit and went to the pool. Another lady was there on a lounge. I swam laps for 45 minutes. She swam some laps too. Then I toweled off and went home, exhausted. I changed into dry clothes and wrote my blog post. I made tea and we watched TV.

In the middle of the first episode of Gomer Pyle, I got a text from the command sergeant major. She said she had posted to the FMWR page and wanted me to repost it and tell people to DM the FMWR to get tickets. I showed the message to Chris. He showed me the e-mail she had sent him about the tickets, then e-mailed it to me. I went to my computer and posted that e-mail to the Dugway 24/7 page. Then we finished watching four episodes.

Afterward, I read my book until 11:30. Then I checked the Facebook page. Facebook told me the post had violated their policies on tickets and asked if I wanted to contest that decision. I said yes. Then I texted an apology to the command sergeant major and went to bed.

No comments: